my husband has been on methadone and xanax for several years now and is fed up and really wants to get off it. he tried last year to quit cold turkey and ended up having a seizure. he does not have med insurance and is not eligible for medicaid. If he goes to a primary care doctor will they be able to wean him off? please help I just don't know what to do anymore or where to turn:(

Hi mj, yes, I think that if he goes to a primary that he will be able to start weaning himself off the drug. QUitting cold turkey is just next to impossible with prescription drugs (and indeed almost any addictive substance) so I hope that he has got a lot of patience but it will pay off for him in the long run. You do know what to do though! Just be there to support him as he suffers from withdrawal symptoms and be there to help him be patient with himself. Please let us know how he's doing okay?

%-) yea i have been trying to come off methadone n had a seuizure just the other day by just coming down to 10mgs aday.Its no fun n i need help but dont know were2 turn.