Even though I am no longer overweight (took over a year of hard work and I am very proud!) there are still saggy bits left over everywhere. The one that bothers me most is the double chin. Everything else, I can hide under clothes, which is not ideal but still... the double chin, I have to see every time I walk into a bathroom. I HATE it. It actually looked better when I was at my highest weight, because the extra skin wasn't there. This is also not something I have seen in other people who have lost lots of weight, so it puzzles me. 

One thing I know for sure though is I want rid of it. I think it might take surgery to make that happen. But if you know of non-surgical interventions that can at least make the problem less pronounced then I would also love to hear about that of course. If you think I do need surgery, what exactly am I looking at getting?

Are there doctors here or people who have had the same problem? Please help me. Looking in the mirror makes me depressed. 

are you male or female

Some people will tell you that facial yoga is the way to go, but I decidedly do not think so. What you are experiencing is a sign that your skin has lost elasticity after weight loss, and I would very much think that skin removal surgery is the way to go with this. If it is only mild, then Ultherapy and CO2 laser treatments will help you, but if you were to see a plastic surgeon you would get a more educated view about this obviously, and I think that they'd recommend skin removal surgery as well. 

Don't feel like you are alone, though!!! Many women are left with excess skin in the neck area after weight loss. Congrats on the weight loss and I hope you will find a solution for the double chin as well!

Hello

For your double chin I would advise you to look into a relatively new procedure called Coolsculpting. This has been FDA approved since 2015, and is a non-surgical, outpatient procedure that achieves drastic results. It takes about six weeks for results to begin showing up, but when they do, they can absolutely be very satisfactory.

Surgery always comes with risks that most people would rather avoid, so Coolsculpting may be the way to go for you.

Many plastic surgeons and dermatologists recommend the Exilis treatment in their patients who have excess skin, but not to the extent that it requires surgical intervention. This is something you may well want to take a much closer look at, as, depending on the amount of excess skin, you just may be an excellent candidate. 

If there is more skin than can be handled through non-surgical interventions, then what you are looking at is a so-called neck lift. While this is more financially and physically taxing, it can achieve exactly the results you are looking for, eliminating your excess skin completely. 

Double chin is not the same thing as excess skin due to very significant weight loss, I don't think. When there's just skin left over rather than fat, then chin lip is not an option in your case and you would need skin removal surgery. This is skin that was stretched over a long period by fat tissue and that has lost its elasticity with time, and because of that, I do not think that non invasive treatments would do anything for you.

I don't have personal experience but I do know what it feels like to be unhappy with your body because I have a large birthmark. I sincerely wish you the best and hope you can find a good skin removal surgeon.

Coolsculpting, yeah!!! That's very good for folks who want to say goodbye to extra pockets of fat without any downtime or surgery and who are at or close to their ideal BMI. It's still to reduce fat though, not to reelasticate the skin or anything like that. So this is a cool procedure, no pun intended, that definitely deserves its own topic here... could help a lot of people, that. But for OP, I think skin removal is what she really needs. Go book a consult OP! Skin removal has made loads of post weight loss people very, very happy.