Hello everyone.

So, I am struggling with my wisdom tooth for a while. I was expecting that this will go away, but I think that the pain is even worse every day. So, of course, I went to see my dentist. I really don't need to tell you that he attacked me because it took me way too long to came to visit him. After he checked my tooth, he told me that I will have a non - surgical removal of the wisdom tooth as soon as inflammation is treated. So, I want to know just one thing, what can I expect from a non-surgical removal of wisdom tooth, and what is the aftercare like? 

Good day.

That is easy - your wisdom tooth is loosened and removed with a forceps without a surgery. But, you also need to know that this type of method is not suited to all teeth, but your surgeon should tell you this. 

What to expect after this - well, different things you can expect. This all actually depends on the type of extraction, it also depends on the number of the teeth that you are healing and how bad your condition actually is. But, generally, all the patients receive a prescription and comprehensive written post-operative instructions following a surgical procedure and if you follow those instructions, you will be ok. 

Hello, two of you. 

When it comes to recovery time after this surgery, you have to be prepared that you will experience pain and swelling, and if you don't take care of the hygiene, it can happen that you will deal with an Infection after wisdom tooth removal, which is also very common. Also, there may be some bleeding, which is also normal when you are in the recovery process. So, while your mouth heals, you have to be very careful and try not to dislodge the blood clot or harm your healing gums. Also, avoid foods that can make your recovery process worse, such are sweet things and avoid drinking alcohol and coffee. 

Celebrity

The biggest problem during the recovery process because people take it very easy and they don't think about healing and recovery process in the normal way. Look, there are plenty of things that you can do to make the recovery time easier and faster, and than you will be able to return to your normal activities. But, don't rush, please, it is very important to know that for about a week you don't want to do anything can harm you and make your wound worse. Also, you can take a prescription painkiller given to you by your oral surgeon and if you are in the pain, you can place an ice pack over your jaw. 

Good day. So, I am having the same issue. My dentist told me to come into his office to see what he is going to do with my tooth. First, he told me that we are going to do this under the anesthesia, and that this is going to be like a classical surgery. Now, he is telling me something about non - surgical removal and I am scared that this will hurt. I mean, I believe that it is much easier to do this under the anesthesia but I also do believe that the recovery process in that case would be longer. So, I don't know is it a smart idea to see can I do this at the way I want or let him decide what is the best? Your recommendation?

Celebrity

Look, according to the 3D scan, your dentist can decide what is the best option for you. If you don't have any issues with your tooth, if the tooth root is OK, if the root is straight, then I believe that you should not complain about this decisions, if he wants this non - surgical removal. It will be much easier for you to recover, because you won't have those stitches, etc. It would be much easier, of course, if you follow his instructions and advice, it would be way easier. So, listen to your dentist, this pain is temporary but still, he knows what is the best for you.