Hey guys whatsup, Im new to the forum here, just thought I'd say hey.

Anyways here's my story, I ran cross country and track for three years in highschool, but before my first season of my senior year, I broke my leg in two spots and couldn't run anymore. That was early october, had the cast and everything, etc. Well basically I want to start running again, there is a 5k comming up in about a month but it will be the first time I have ran since my break. Anything specific I should do to train for the month or so I have, or any suggestions?

I really am not sure if I can do this, I probably havent ran more than 1/4 mile since october, but I stay basically in shape, any advice?

why are you doing this 5K? i would get out of it if its within any stretch of your power.

Probably your first step is to simply walk. Get yourself up to walking 3 to 4 miles. If that feels okay and the strength is back in your leg, then ease into the running with a mile, see how that goes, then add some more in the next days.
I've got to think being in a cast has really taken the strength out of your leg. It might be more than a month before running a 5km is in the cards. But like I said, start with walking and be sure you can get through a 5km walk without aches, pains or strength issues before running at all.