my right lymph node on my neck is really swollen, it's been like this for about 2 1/2 weeks.

It's big enough to wear someone who doesn't know that they're swollen can see it and say "what's wrong with your neck" when they're looking at you straight on. It's really sticks out of my neck a lot...I don't know how else to describe it. Maybe like, a golf ball, cut in half--that's how much it sticks out, and about an inch or two wide. It's kind of hard, but you can still push on it a bit.

I went to the doctor when they first became swollen, and she prescribed me 10 days worth of antibiotics. Well, 10 days later, it hadn't gotten any smaller, and some days, it actually seemed like it got bigger. So, two days ago I went again, and they prescribed me some other medicine, but they still don't know what's causing it.

They gave me a strep test, a mono test, and a white blood count. I didn't have strep or mono, and they said my white blood count was normal. I don't have a sore throat, fever, or anything else. I seem pretty healthy, actually.

Any idea why they're this swollen if I'm not sick? Or is it normal for them to be swollen for this long?

I've had a lump about as large as yours on my neck for at least a month, that's when I noticed it, I've allready done the antibiotics and it only made me feel sick, did nothing for the lump. I'm a non drinking non smoking vegetarian so I would have to be unlucky to have something sinister but I've been under alot of stress lately so you never know and I really need to find out what this is. I'm going for a ultra sound in a couple of days time

i have had the same lump for a week now and my doctor just called to tell me i might have mono. But i dont understand this prognosis as i feel perfectly healthy as you were saying. I am now waiting for blood tests to come back but hopefully we can all find the problem with this. I have done some research and could possibly be CMV?

Did you ever figure out what it was from? How long before it went back to normal?

Mu husband had this and went to the doctor a while back. He was told his glands were clogged I believe and to suck on very sour candy to activate the glands and eventually it went down with 2-3 days. Hope this helps.