Please help me!  I seem to always get hyperglycemia and aches and pains.  I am feeling horrible and I need help with getting my blood sugars down.  I eat 2 pieces of fruit with oatmeal in the morning and plenty of fruit throughout the day.  I replaced my candy addiction with the fruit because I know candy is bad.  Are there any other suggestions I can get from anyone?

Hello Guest....  You are taking in too much carbohydrate, from the sound of it.  You should only be having about 30 grams of carb at breakfast, 45-60 grams at lunch, and 45-60 grams at dinner.  You are eating over that at every meal.  Try cutting back on the fruit and see if that helps your hyperglycemia.  If you are having aches and pains, you can take Tylenol or ibuprofen to help you get some relief from it.  Having high blood sugar could cause many types of symptoms that may include your achiness.  Hopefully, by getting your blood sugar down to normal levels, your pain will go away. It is essential that you find a way to keep your sugars down and limiting your fruit will be a great start.  If you find if you are still having trouble with hyperglycemia, try adding exercise to your daily routine. 

Are the aches and pains a result of your hyperglycemia? It's good that you cut candy out, but fruit has sugar too, though I believe it's a different kind. Like ybanks said, you're probably still eating too many carbs. Pain meds like Tylenol or Ibuprofen are good for aches/pain. Hopefully, simply watching what you eat will make sure your blood sugar stays down. But also, you might want to start doing some excersizing. I recently got Wii Fit, so I reccomend that if you have a Wii.