My colleague told me that I could be having hyper pigmentation for I have some darkened areas on my skin especially affecting my face but I also got these dark colored areas over my shoulder and back and also my stomach skin has darkened somehow. I don't get it where this hyper pigmentation could have come from for I never had no skin problem before and would like to hear what I do now. My colleague told me she was diagnosed with this hyper pigmentation condition when she was pregnant and it was due to the hormonal changes but I am curious what could be mine reason for getting hyper pigmentation since I am not pregnant.

Hi! I also have hyper pigmentation problem and it turned out it is because I am taking oral contraceptives and they actually provoke kind of a similar hormonal changes that are common in pregnancy also so I actually had changed them with another one but it seems like hyper pigmentation still persist and though my dermatologist advised I stop taking them I couldn't afford that risk and so I am now using some lightening cream but am planning on having some laser treatment for I even have some scars left after more serious hyper pigmentation episodes I had.