I need to hear some more details about chest pain related to mvp for that is how my dad was diagnosed recently. He is now 58 and he always felt great it is just that recently he started having breathless trouble -especially in lying position –followed by fatigue and dizziness but also he has those arrhythmias situations accompanied with chest pain and finally he was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. Anyway my dad is very concerned over this chest pain related to his mvp condition for he thinks this might be the sign of heart attack or something that much serious.

Whenever it comes to chest pain related to mvp you must know that this chest pain has got nothing to do with artery coronary disease or with heart attack. Usually no treatment is needed for mvp but in cases where symptoms such as chest pain are developed than some beta blockers may be prescribed –my mom is taking them and they are of big help in reducing this mvp chest pain and also she claims those meds turned out to be perfect in regulating the heartbeat and even chest discomfort. Anyway if your dad has this chest pain caused by his mvp condition than he better discuss this issue again with his doc for I am sure those meds are prescribed for life whenever it comes to mvp chest pain.