I'm a 20 y.o. overweight male, I've been off an on sexually active since i was 17. Mostly unprotected with 4 different girls (1 of which was once with a condom). I masturbate regularly (once every 1-2 days) and have shaved my pubic region before. they seemed to be worse after i would do that, so i have since stopped shaving and that has improved it. I have had boils off and on for the last 2+ years, and there are deep colors and pink marks (scars?) and occasional bumps (possibly folliculitus?) around on the skin of the pubic region (i have since let the hair grow back and remain). the boils have become less frequent, but at least one comes every couple months. 2 months ago i had two boils more or less merge and it was a very large one, with lots of puss and blood. when it was finished popping, it looked like there was a chunk of skin missing, but the void has since filled and relatively healed. this happened just after i last shaved. note: almost never a white head, never anything on my shaft or head of the penis, all just the pubic region directly above.

related: ive had pimples off and on in my inner thighs. some are big but not boil size. they remain now, light and rarely whitehead, but can be painful sometimes and look much like the picture on the folliculitus picture on the main skin problems page, but lighter in color.

any help on this would be great!

If you are asking how to get rid of them, I can't help you. I've battled with pubic pimples myself since forever and nothing seems to help. The groin area looks like a battle field on both sides, with scars from popping and picking. No matter what I do, they will get stuck under the skin and form a pimple.

If you are looking for a confirmation that these are the pimples, then I would say yes, they very much sound like pimples.

I hate to say it, but in my case, I had to lose weight. This has everything to do with health. The big pimple you had was a boil and they can multiply for long periods of time if you don't do several things to prevent them from growing. I had boils for 2 years straight.

1. Take daily showers to rid yourself of excess bacteria around your genitals and use antibacterial soap
2. Lose weight. This will prevent prolonged skin to skin contact that produces moisture and then bacteria. This is of the utmost importance if you want to get rid of them for good
3. Try out short term antibiotics
4. When you shave, use a new razor (old razors can produce bacteria on it) and be careful not to cut yourself or get razor burn. BTW I think most girls prefer that guys trim rather than shave all the hair down there.

Good Luck!

Yo, im 17, I too could stand to lose a few pounds, and I had the same problem as you until I had my wisdom teeth removed, obviously the procedure wasn't what healed my pubic acne but I was prescribed a strong antibiotic (amoxil) which I continued to take for a week, within a day of taking the antibiotics, approx. 3 a day, my acne improved so quickly that I thought I was dreaming, I also had less intense but widespread acne all over my upper thighs which also began to improve, by the time my prescription ran out my entire body had been rid of acne, I've also begun getting some sun on my private regions which has kept me totally smooth, I definitely feel your pain dawg, and if I were you i would go see a dermatologist as quick as possible, there is no reason anybody should have to go through something like this, I seriously hope this helps man I know exactly what ur going through, and make sure to scrub urself squeaky clean, especially on those hot summer daze
-be easy

I think I have the same thing going on, male 18 years old. However I'm what some call a picture of health. Perfect bmi and less than 6% body fat. I eat healthy foods and excersize daily. It's not pimples looks more like a little boil to start then pops and turns red and hurts. Only on my pubic area and one on my inner thigh. I've researched std's and it's not possible I'm curious if anyone could help me out with an answer, it only happened recently so I'm hesitant to go to a doctor if it's nothing important.

It's ingrown hairs and hormones.

I get these on my inner thighs... I am an older woman, well past puberty. I tend to get them after shaving and most often around my period... I agree with the ingrown hair / hormonal answer.. at least that's what it is for me. My OBGYN checked it out once and ingrown hair is what they asid as well.