I am a 16 year old female and I get these things that I just call "stomach aches" but are far worse than any normal stomachache. I've had them since I was about 14 years old. They come around 11 at night, most nights, and then they will ease up just enough for me to fall asleeep. About an hour after I fall asleep, I wake up in excruciating pain. After that one hour of sleep, I do not sleep the rest of the night, because the pain usually lasts until 6 or 7 in the morning. Sometimes with the pain, I throw up. Usually food, but if i throw up a lot, then it's bile. I have one right now, and I just can't take it, I haven't slept at all and it's 7:40 in the morning.. I just can't take this pain anymore. Its something you wouldn't wish your worst enemy would feel.. I've tried everything, I've gone from to doctor to doctor to doctor and they always run the same tests. Upper Gi's, radiation, ultra sounds, scopes, bloodwork, everything and they never find anything wrong. I'm here to say, that the doctors are wrong. I know my body! & I cannot, CANNOT handle this, anymore.. Please help me.

Has your doctor done any blood work?  One that I would recommend would be for Celiac disease and doing the upper GI wouldn't be enough to see the damage in the intestines.  You only get pain at night though and none during the day?  Has your doctor prescribed any medications for you take and if so what do you take and how much? 

Have you found any relief?  One thing that might help would be a heating pad on the abdomen or a hot water bottle (but you have to fill it up too often).  Don't take too much ibuprofen as it hard on your kidneys and will eventually cause damage internally that you don't want as you already deal with enough pain.

What do your parentss/gaurdians think of your pain?  You need to try to get to the bottom of it as it is affecting your quality of life, you are not getting any sleep which how long can you go on like that?  Sure, right now is summer holidays but you need all your energy for school studies - so this summer get healthy!  Get back to the doctors and demand that they do more for you, this is not normal - have they also checked for Chron's or Colitis?

Anyways, good luck and hope this helps

They've checked for celiac, chrons, and colitis.. They've found nothing. & yes, I only get them at night, like I just now woke up because I didn't fall asleep until 8 this morning. I can usually go about 2 days without sleep from having them and then exhaustion kicks in and I just pass out. I've been prescribed omeprazle, hyoschomine, and muralax, bentyl, and zofran. I don't take any of it now because we've tried and it's just pointless because none of the medicines have worked. What I do now, which is really unfortunate and probably not very healthy, is take a dose of NyQuil when I feel a slight one coming on, then it will knock me out for the whole night and I won't have to worry about it. We've gone to Cleveland clinic, one of the top hospitals in the world, and they ran the same tests. I don't know what else to ask for, it's like they think I'm crazy and they pretty much tell me that nothing is wrong, when there clearly is something. I just don't get it. I don't know what more there is that I can do.

Hmm, I just had a thought.  Check out abdominal migraines, I wouldn't know why you would only get them at night but something to check into at least and it mimics so many other things.  Have they checked for that that you know of?  They almost remind me of cluster headaches but you only get them abdominally and  not in the head.  Do you think it may be triggered by food - have you had any allergy testing done?  Again wouldn't know why it would present at night only.

Just thinking aloud and trying to be helpful, I know how much pain sucks and also keeping you up at night. 

I have a heart problem that I am having repaired tomorrow that keeps me up most nights and exhaustion is the only way I get sleep, so I understand what you are going through.  I also have Celiac disease and have/still go through a lot of abdominal pain and issues; yippee for me I have a Colonoscopy booked next month as I get polyps and need them removed before they get cancerous.

The last time I was at the hospital, they did say something about abdominal migraines, but they haven't given me any medicine for it. I have another ache right now and I just keep searching everywhere in the house for NyQuil just so I can get to sleep.. It's so bad, I just need a medicine that will actually help, none of the prescriptions have helped. But I'm so sorry to hear about your heart, I hope things are okay!! & thank you for trying to help me figure Out this problem, it means a lot to have people there for me!