Hi I had a lisfranc fracture on 6/24/12..the night if my injury was like this. I'm a mother if 2 a 2 year old and a 5 year old. I got invited to my cousin's birthday bash that was gonna take place at thus night club.,I never went out alone (with out my husband) after having my kids., but thus time I decided to do so, so I did. I was wearing High heels ( staledos) I decided to dance with my cousin. Little did I know that the floor was concrete and their was part of it chipped So I twisted my foot and feel on it . My foot started swelling up really bad. I had to have someone carry me outside., the paramedics came and they look at it and said it was just a bad sprain, the pain was horrible. So went to the ER and they took X-rays on it and their it was I had a broken foot the doctor said. The sad thing was how I heard the bad news and everything else that came along., that 2 weeks I was going to have surgery and that after that surgery I was going to have another one and that I was going to be off my foot all this time., the 1st thing that came to my mind was my little ones and how much they need me! :'(.. July 3 2012 was my surgey the doctor put 3 Screws and I was sent home with a half soft cast., 7/18/13 was my 2 week follow up for my stitches to be remove., when the doctor reveil my foot of the soft cast I was so scared of how everything look like.,thank god everything was ok..I was sent home with a walking boot but I was not able to put no weight At all..I really have to say I thank god for the wonderful mother that I have.she took care of me since day one..she made sure my kids summer did not affect them due to my injury..everything was so sad and depressing being a busy working mommy and a wife at home .. My job has been great wih my going back to work when I'm completely better.8/15/12 had my 6 weeks follow up the doctor took more X-rays and everything look good he said that the screws seem to be doing the job, I was giving ok to put some weight on my foot he said I need to let go of the crunches if felt great but I was so scare to even don so! 3 days after I was able to start putting weight on it I let go of the crunches and took my 1st step with out them. It felt great!!!!! Being able to be free of crutches.. But I have to say I heard a lot of posts of people talking about crutches by they did me a great favor. They were my walking feet for 2 months. Now I'm walking on my boot to where ever I go and I'm able to drive.. Which was awesome.. My kids love every minute of me being on my 2 feet again.. They help me so much my 5 year old did so much to help me even my 2 year old use to bring me my crutches when I was in the sofa or if they fell.. We take a lot for granted but when we really see the silver lining of life it really makes us think a lot of how to make a difference in our life to better them in all the great positive ways..almost forgot when I walk on my foot to much during the day it swells up at the end of the day. But the doctor said is normal because due to nerves and also due to the fact that we are putting all our body weight on a recent fracture.. I think of the positive of all this.. I hope that once my hardware get remove the swelling will go away.. Ibuprofen helps!!!!! I wish everyone here the best wishes on recovering from this injury.. I will post more afte my next follow up.

I had mine on 08/20/12.  I am sorry this happened to you too.

Good Luck with your recovery. I had lisfranc injury 6 weeks ago and I was in soft cast for 3 days and in the boot. I tried doing little wight bearing, it hurts. What precautions I should take. I started to walk on my heel. It does not feel right.

Hi Guest (from 3 weeks ago)...
How are you doing now?
I just found out I will be in my cam boot for a total of 20 weeks. I am at the start of 15 weeks today.