Hi, jeez, glad to finally find people that know what I'm going through! No one I know can understand how long and arduous the recovery process is. I had a bad fall and knew something was very wrong. I went to an ortho and was diagnosed with a Lisfranc and had surgery the next day (6 days after the initial fall).
I have a few pins and wires in my foot and am currently in a cast and I have been using crutches and a wheelchair. I will be in this cast for 6 weeks and then I get put in a partial weight bearing walking boot for another 6 weeks. The doctor said I should try to keep the pins in for 5 months.
I am absolutely terrifed that I am going to have chronic pain in my foot. Does anyone who has had their screws removed, etc. ever feel like they have a normal foot again? I used to run marathons...will that not be possible anymore? Will I be able to do silly girl things I want to do like wear heels?
Thanks.

I'm really sad to hear that you got this injury because it's very difficult to get over and takes awhile. Mostly that's because it gets misdiagnosed but it sounds like obviously in this case that it isn't. I think that once you are totally rehabilittated that you should be able to do what you want to do again, but do try to be patient in the meantime. Let us know how you'er doing okay?