I hope this helps other women, I had my paragard removed last year- let me first say that you know your body better than your Dr. My personal experience was HELL. I am a Mother of one beautiful boy and did not want any other children at the time nor did I want to deal with extra hormones. So I chose paragard. Here's what happened to me. Bled so bad I became anemic and needed iron, constant painful cramps that would bring me to my knees, (and I have a high tolerance) rashes from the excess copper in my body,  and my husband actually experience sometimes a burning pain when he peed after sex. No STD'S, all due to the "copper toxic fluids" being exchanged. I will never recommend anyone to use this device and turn their sterile womb into a toxic pool. Just don't get one