I'm a 13 year old boy living in Adelaide. I have a mostly normal life except for one thing, I'm very small. I have been the exact same size, 5 feet 3 inches, since pretty much grade 5. I do not have dwarfism cause I'm too tall for that. I used to be the tallest person in my class. But now I'm among the shortest and I don't really like it. When I'm fully grown I would like to be 6 feet 6 inches but I don't think I will. I know that the hormone that makes you grow is only produced in your sleep but I have a lot of trouble sleeping. Are there any tips on getting to sleep easier, not like counting sheep cause I've tried that, or getting taller without sleeping. Also do you guys have any ways I can work on my abs and my pecs easily and get quick results. Thanks anyway

Hi Ryan

It is frustrating when you see all your friends growing and developing and there does not seem to be much happening with your body.

You could very well be just a late bloomer and your puberty may be a bit delayed compared to many of the boys in your class.

Genetics will determine the size you are when you’re done growing the height you end up being can often be close to your parent’s height.

Since you are 13 even thou it may seem like not much has changed since the 5th grade there are probably some subtle changes associated with puberty happening already.

I don’t think that your problem with sleeping will affect your growth but you may want to see your doctor about it. Stress can affect how you sleep if there are a few things in your life that you worry about it can certainly mess up your sleep.

There is no quick way to develop your abs and pecs but a regular exercise routine focusing on your abs will benefit you.

Try not to stress and worry about your size you will develop and grow soon enough, it is normal to compare yourself to others but worrying about your size won’t speed up or change the end result.

Accept yourself the way you are and remember that what a person achieves in life is not predetermined by their height.