Hello, i'm 14 years old and do what many describe as lots of pushups. I was quite happy doing my pushups until a person told me that pushups can stunt growth. Ok, im doing 700 pushups a day with long intervals (4m+) in sets of 70 ( 4 sets before breakfast and 6 after school). I'm small for my age (like really small) and i'm not sure what to do now, keep on going and possibly not grow or ditch pushups. I don't really want to stop because i'm happy where i'm at and don't want to go backwards. What should i do?
Thanks alot

Hello. I think you are doing great job in working out, just keep doing it. As for the question that pushups can stumble growth, i find it to be very unlikely. I mean, me myself i am 6 foot 3 inches tall and i have done a lot of pushups in my age (i was training Judo). I am the the tallest one in the family and i dont think that pushups made me smaller, only biger. My advice to you is to keep doing your push ups and dont worry about your size, you will grow eventually. Some people enter their puberty sooner some later. Dont worry about that. Just keep doing push ups every day.

Many people would say helath but I would say life because if you really love your family you wouldn't want to leave them with all kinds of bills they will already be up set the fact that your gone so get life insurance.

Firstly, i'm 14 and secondly can you provide some proof or evidence that doing pushups will ruin my health? reply would be great.