I am so happy I found this forum. I have literally read just about every post on here. I am going through "baby fever". I have been with my husband for 7 years, married for 2. I am 23, he is 25, (still young I know). I have always dreamed of being a mother and felt like I was put on this earth to be a mother. We have both graduated college and both have really good state jobs. For the last 6 months or so, I have started having the desire for a baby. When I talked to him about this at first, I told him I wanted to start trying this upcoming summer. He really didn't oppose and said he was excited. Well, now that has all gone down the drain now that the time is getting near. Now he has decided he wants to find a new job and he says this is his reason why. We already built a house and have safe vehicles for a child. We live very comfortably and keep adding money to our savings. I have been so excited for this summer to get here but he sat me down a month ago and said we will "definitely not be trying for a baby this summer". He said he is not sure when. He wants to try to get a new job this summer and wants to work at it for "awhile". I am not even sure what he means by this.

Well, I thought I could handle this but I am finding it harder and harder to deal with it. I feel very very resentful of him. He goes on little vacations with his guy friends and has his own hobbies, and I am starting to get so irritated about this. I keep on him about applying for jobs and he just gets mad at me.

People around me are getting pregnant and I am happy for them, but secretely jealous. This is all I can think about now and I really do not want this to ruin our marriage. And to top it off, my parents are really old, in their late 70s. I would feel so resentful if we wait and they do not get to see their grandchildren.

I need some advice! Thank you all!

You know what hoplesslydevoted i know exactly how you feel. but honestly you have to understand that it has to be mutual or these children with grow up with a father that resents them for taking his freedom away.

Sounds like your husband is enjoying taking each day with just you and no more worries. He works hard for his vacations and you may one day thank him for wanting to wait. just try not to talk about it a lot to him and give him time to feel as though he has accomplished everything in his young adult life. then you can ask in maybe 6 months or 12. maybe say , ' we have enough to start our own little family' and see how he reacts as i said unfortunately he may take a while to adjust to the idea of having no more freedom and a very large responsibility.

Hope all goes well :-)

Tell him you want a kid! Let him know how you feel!

Hopefully you guys have figured things out, i see this post is over a year old. I too am going through a similar situation right now with my husband and i am dying to get answers as to when we can start trying, my advice because i am young too (24) is just to give him a little more time. Maybe revisit the idea with him in like 6 months and see how he feels.