I have been dating this boy for almost 2 years now but there is one little problem. He never can keep a job. He is bosnian and has a little trouble with communication with previous bosses. I have had a job for almost 2 years and don't have any trouble keeping it. I am doing well with my money and don't have any debts or anything. However, he doesn't have any money. I like to go out and do things and go out to eat a lot but with him having no money its hard to do that without me paying for everything. It annoys me and my parents that see our relationship but I think I really do love him Thing is, I'm not sure if I should be in love with him. I feel like I'm not allowed to since he's broke. Obviously I couldn't be in this relationship with him if we were sharing an apartment or something but for now, should I stay in this relationship or not? HELP!

i would ask how its going but from your queation it seems as if you got alot, and i mean ALOT on your mind, now i've never been one to gaive advice but money isn't everything. i think you should be looking at it in a different prespective. he's tried to work, he's tried to communicate, but you should test the issue, meaning... try getting him to study english or even that rosetta stone language package, if he doesn't seem like he would want to make an effort into trying to better himself for you, than nomatter how much you love him, you'll probably never be trully happy with him unless you plan on supporting him for the rest of your life. anymore questions, contact me.

It certainly doesn't sound very promising to me.

All you have to do is look at a little history in this country to see there have been and are, many, many people who have made a great life for themselves without being able to communicate in English very well. So if that's the excuse for losing those jobs, that's just what it is --- an excuse.

I worked in a cotton mill where there were many people who spoke only Canadian French, and they had no problems keeping their jobs.
My home town had Greek, Polish, Italian, Armenian and Canadians all working in the cotton mill and shoe shops. Even though there was a lot of prejudice displayed on personal levels, they all worked together. Some opened their own stores and had to communicate with the people who came in. In my own trade as a TV repairman I had to learn to communicate with all of them.

Today the country is loaded with people from VietNam and Korea and other places who are very successful, many owning their own businesses.

So being Bosnian and not speaking the language very well, doesn't give him a free pass, in my book.

i have to agree with njoynlife...

My parents came to this country twenty something years ago with little to no english ability. He started off as a bus boy at a restaurant and took nighttime ESL classes. Soon enough my dad was a head chef at a little AMERICAN restaurant. That's right he was cooking food he had never tasted just 5 years prior. He just kept going and is now an employer of 10 employees (with the help of my mother).

My point is that speaking the language is not everything. If the work ethic is there, success could be right around the corner.

Thank you all you guys for your help but I'm still not sure.. lol.
The thing is, he speaks English perfectly fine but what I mean by communication problem is like he isn't very smart when it comes to job talk or anything like that. Its hard to explain. Lol. Sorry. Idk.