Their awful! Especially the nose and around the cheeks but forehead as well. I am so fed up looking terrible with any foundation those pores showing like crazy and I am sure there is things out there that hide the large pores, at least so I can look better and have more confidence in the way I look. What pore hiding tips do you recommend? What is the best makeup to use for acne prone and large pore people like me? What about cosmetics that maybe do something to help me long term?

Thanks for your help

There are so many options to minimize your pores that I am going for a bullet point list right now:

• Lotion: Kiehls Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion - oil free and mattifying, pretty cool product all in all
  • Emergency: Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector - resists sweating and gives you an instant anti pore showing boost
  • Go to: Benefit Porefessional - keeps your makeup in place and waves goodbye to visible pores in an instant
  • Mask: Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask - for a weekly preventative measure

This is only a small selection of what is out there, but all these are really good.

Oh yeah, Benefit for sure. They have a whole range of stuff to do with pores. Porefessiona primer, is one popular one but they have others too.  Such as matte rescue gel, and agent zero shine which is great if you have that oily skin that is a shining beacon in the dark and you just wanna look normal for a change! You also have to make sure you deal with blackheads and the like through an oil free skincare regime that really gives you longer term hope against those large pores though, and for that I'd recommend a cleanser that contains salicylic acid 'cause that really helps.

Celebrity

Hey,

You might be amazed to what extent natural pore reducing techniques can make a difference, and I would certainly encourage you to try. The following are some tips that you may like to use:

• Ice cubes can shrink your pores.
  • The probiotics in a plain yogurt mask can help you reduce pore size as well as feeding your skin.
  • Apply diluted lemon juice onto your skin, and you will reduce your pores as well as make your skin slightly lighter, which some people want.
  • Baking soda is a great natural exfoliant that can help remove impurities from your skin, something that is very important if you want to have clear skin and thus reduce pore appearance.

If you have large and visible pores, of course you want to reduce their size, but you also want something that can help you out right now, and for that, you need makeup as well as cosmetic products.

I would suggest:

• Starting with a good primer such as Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
  • Because foundation really highlights your pores, choose one wisely. MAC's face and body foundation is often recommended in this situation, and can achieve excellent results from what I have heard.
  • How you apply your foundation also matters. I have heard that people who use the BeautyBlender sponge get the best results, if they also have large pores. Or not, for that matter. It is a great tool all around.

Yeah... pore control comes down to a combination of techiques, both "damage control" for the skin you have now, and doing things that give your skin the chance to be better in the future. This requires non-comedogenic cosmetics and makeup products and a regular, common-sense cleansing and caring routine that leaves your skin clean and hydrated, as well as a good diet. In the end, if you are doing everything right and still find that you suffer from skin issues, then consulting a doctor is the right thing to do.