I have huge pores on cheeks! It looks very awful. This is new phenomenon. Before my pores on cheeks were normal. Now, no acne, only little, but completely wide open pores. Looks like somebody could jump right inside. OK.. very small someone, but still. 

Please help with this problem!

Maybe some facial treatment could be answer for me? Or massage? Or some cream for tightening pores? Or something else? 

I have no clue what is answer to my problem! Please someone who knows about pores give me some tips so I can look normal again. 

Enlarged pores are usually caused by an overproduction of sebum - I assume you have quite oily skin as well? The trouble with huge pores is that they often lead to blackheads if you do nothing about them, which is even worse than large open pores with no blackheads. 

You will want to use only skincare products that are non-comedogenic (do not clog the pores), which means oil free products. You will also want to exfoliate with a product that contains salicylic acid. This is one of the best treatments for large and open pores out there. 

While you will try to hide your pores with lots of makeup, including pore minimizing sticks and primers, don't forget to wash all that makeup off or your pores will become clogged really fast. Again, just use a gentle makeup remover. 

Celebrity

Hey,

I would encourage you to look into natural ways to minimize the appearance of your pores, and to keep them clean as well. 

You may want to try out a clay mask, a charcoal mask, or Manuka honey. These all have antimicrobial action, and can reduce the oil production in your skin. 

I have heard that even plain ice cubes work well to temporarily reduce the appearance of pores, but apple cider vinegar and lemon are two other products that will reduce the appearance of your pores, along with egg whites. 

As an exfoliator, you can use simple baking soda. This kills germs as well, and gently exfoliates your skin. 

Rosie

Thanks to you for suggestions so far.

So for summing up... salicylic acid. Any products you would advice especially? Clay mask, honey mask, charcoal mask, I use this at home? What brand do you think I should be buying? Home remedies from kitchen, yes, I can try if you think it works to make pores smaller.

I do wash my makeup off every night. This is not problem! I am frustrated because I think I have good skincare routine but my pores are so huge no matter what I do.

What about laser or electric facials or something like this? Do you think I should consider it?

Celebrity
A clay mask is something you can buy in a lot of places, often health foods stores but in other places as well. You add water, apply the mask, and take it off after a certain time. It will say so on the package. The same is true for charcoal masks.

Honey masks, you make those yourself. You get honey, preferably Manuka honey from New Zealand, and add some lemon and sugar if you like. You apply it to your face, leave it for 10 to 20 minutes, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow up with a gentle makeup remover if you feel the need, and you may find those wipes handy for a complete clean up.

Rosie

OK I'm just gonna throw some pore minimiser suggestions out there so you can look 'em up and choose for yourself. You've got quite the pick of cheapo and expensive pore minimiser products, some work better than others, it all depends on your budget:

• Perricone MD Intensive pore minimiser
  • Estee Lauder Idealist pore minimising skin refinisher
  • Lancome vissionaire advanced skin corrector serum
  • Organics zero oil pore purifying toner
  • Benefit the Porefessional face primer

Hope some of those will help you! It definitely sucks to have large pores, but with the right products you can definitely make 'em look smaller.