I am new here & feel like a jerk or think people think I am nuts but, have a fluttering in my right side. I did 8years ago have drain tube in this side would this be nerve damage. I know this sounds nuts but, no pain or soreness no hot spots just this fluttering. sound like a mini pump running. thanks. H&P :-(

Hi there, when you say that you feel you're having a fluttering on your side? Could you describe that to me a little more? I would like to hear more about it. THank you.

to Healthnfitnessguy, I have had this for some time.I could be in my over stuffed lounge chair or at my drawing table or like now at this keyboard & it comes & go's. It isn't a twitch as one may feel in your eye or a cramp . As for a cramp I do get one in my right side right where I had a drain tube put in. When that starts I have to raise right arm high above my head & do a slight twist to the left to subside the Pain. this is a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale.this comes only once in a while. I figure this is nerve damage.
I have changed my way of sitting thinking this brings it on .Not so. I have felt this laying down,standing but most of the time sitting down.

To explain this feeling you have to picture in you head a small tube with a liquid in it bubbling a series of small bubbles slowly to the top.
This I picture in my mind. Now the fluttering is just that. Explanation: try drumming your fingers on a table or put your ear next to a cats side when he is purring. this is close to the feeling it gives but, it's even softer. I can take my left hand reach over just under right breast/chest & feel the fluttering. When I say it feels like a small mini motor running. As a joke I have said to my wife " If I didn't know better I think someone left a pump inside my side". When it starts I have to laugh at my self for I think.... (pump just came on). The fluttering will get your attention. To measure this in my head as it is going on I would say the fluttering covers about 8"vertical area.
Can't think of anything else to describing this than what is here, In fact it is fluttering now. HP

You know, I feel as though I have felt this way on short occasions as well. I hadn't thought much of it but I can't tell if that's my inability to tell what's going on or if it's just me ignoring an issue. I'm sorry but I am stumped...how long has this been going oN?

Healthfitnessguy, Sorry haven't answered sooner, but it seems it has been just a few months with the fluttering. When I first came across this site I was reading this fluttering a women was saying she had also in her in side. I than wanted to answer her as I also was having the same thing going on. This told me it wasn't just something I had going on. I wanted to answer her yet I had to register onto this site & when I got all done with that & back into this sight I lost where I read her post. I like her thought people would think we were nuts or something yet when I read her report I thought to my self ( I am not crazy ) My tube in the side was 8 years ago so like I said I do think it is some kind of nerve damage. Well anyway now you know two people have this fluttering going on. I will just keep digging to find a answer. KB

Not a big deal! Just post whenever you feel the need or whatever :) I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been able to figure out a solution to it. Can you tell me how long exactly it has been?