Hi there, i have this extremely painful soar throat. I lympth nodes are huge and my throat is inflammed. I have had this 3 times THIS year over a certain period. I went to the doctor everythime and they give me antibiotics cause it could be a virul or bacterial infection. I hate it...even when i yawn it hurts badly and in the morning my mouth is dry and its so painful.. Also, i have a fever now and the two combined together is making me weak. I cant sleep properly and i feel so lathargic in the mornings. Also, i smoke but only occasionally. i have been smoking for the past 2 years. Does smoking have anything to do with it or is it just my bad luck?

i Have now stopped smoking for a while until the antibiotics kick in and the soar throat and fever go away but i am trying to quit.

Please Help!!!

gargals with salty water (as many time as u can easily do during day), use vicks evapurater at night, drink lot's of warm liquid (tea with honey in it, warm water), take vitamic c tablets, avoid acidy stuff like orange or any cold water/stuff. Good Luck

What kind of doctor did you see? Have you seen an ENT? It seems to me that your doctor who prescribed antibiotics didn’t take you too seriously especially because you had it 3 times already in this year.

I would suspect tonsillitis……..and considering you already had a couple of infections, you may be advised to take them out? Oh, I forgot to ask if you still have tonsils?

I had the same problems and I had to take them out.

Have a look in the mirror and see if your tonsils are red, enlarged or coated with white substance!
How long did your previous infections last? Tonsillitis usually goes away after a week, of course all depending if the infection was caused by virus or bacteria.

hello im 13 years old and for the past three days i have had a very sore throat . It hurts when i swallow and my tounge has gone green ! ive been using mouth wash to get it away but it wont go and im also getting saliva
, and ive noticed that my breathing is heavy . My both glands are also swollen . Im not able sleep and if i do sleep im up at about five in the morning with a dry throat . im also getting terrible head aches . please tell what i can do to get better as i am in pain and want to get well .
thank you

I think that you should talk to your parents first and let them know. Also try to go to a doctor. Stop smoking and drinking alcohol IF you do. Eat and drink healthy food as much as possible and get rest and don't stress yourself, and Most importantly seek help, parents, doctor... ask around,

question hun was your tongue green before you started using the mouth wash, or after...if after stop using the mouth was that's what's turning your tongue green. I would definantly go to the doctors, especially about the headaches and heavy breathing..it could be pneumonia I would not mess around tell your parents. Hope you feel better hun and for your sore throat try drinking alka seltzer and put honey in it.