I'm always so scared that I have so lifethreatening virus or I'm going to die. Just a few days ago, I woke up feeling nauseas, got SO scared that I woke up my parents and was hugging the toilet, and I started hyperventalating. I even almost passed out! That's a first for me. But now I'm just so scared and I don't know what to do. I oftentimes find that I have trouble sleeping, feel like I can't breathe good, have an increased heartrate, and feel lightheaded and nauseas. I've often been feeling quite sick to my stomach and I was wondering if that's a symptom of ulcers. I had my galbladder out by the way.

I'm just so afraid any more and it's taking over my life. I'm afraid to talk to my parents about it because all they ever do is shrug their shoulders and tell me I'm fine. So, how come I never believe them? I've had SO many tests done, and there's nothing wrong with me, but I still can't get it out of my head that I'm okay. I always think that there's something wrong with me, and I've had lack of energy too. I always feel tired. Could you help me? I don't want to ask to go to a pscyhairtris cuz it'll cost too much for my parents to handle. Can you help me pleasE? I really need some advice!

Legend
Terry,

Well, maybe your reaction is just too intensive and you just need to chill-out a little bit. As I can see from your posts, you're a teenage boy, so there's very small chance that you could have some life threatening disease. Of course, there's always a chance, but I think in your case you just THINK that you have all these diseases, but at the end you're a healthy young boy. Such people are called hyohondriacs!

Anyway, to make 100% sure that you're fit enough, you should do some tests so your docs could determine your health condition. Some doctors just don't want to take facts that young people could also be very sick, so you need to do the check-ups with more docs (if you think the one or two are wrong with your diagnosis). Nowadays, wrong diagnosis is very often, mostly by non-established GP's. Talk to specialsts (in your case I think the gastro-enterolog is the exact specialised doctor) and let them examn you to determine the source of your fetigue.

I'm not the expert in that domain, but regarding to your symptoms you should do the check-up and some tests for Hepatitis B or C. Although, I don't believe you have it, but to make 100% sure you should do this check-up. Anyway, the specialist or internist will tell you what to do ...

However, I don't think you're crazy or that you "fabricate" the diseases, I think that you have right to find out what could be wrong with you?! If anything ...

You just need to ensure your parents that you're not "fabricate" the symptoms you feel??!! Of course there's a strong relationship between the brain, imagination and your health condition and it's really possible to "fabricate" symptoms which are not real, but if I were you I'd do the check up with specialists to eliminate all possible causes for your current condition!

Hope this helps!

Take care!
Pseud0

I'm sorry, but I'm a 15yr old girl...

I always feel like crying. I always feel scared. I feel(a lot) that I can't breathe good. I'm just so scared...

please more advice :'( :'( :'(

Legend
Hey Terry,

Well, I don't think you're sick, but if you continue to think about things that are not related to your age, your mind will get sick.
Anxiety could be very painful or apprehensive uneasiness of mind usually over an impending or anticipated ill. The cause of anxiety is usually an abnormal and overwhelming sense of apprehension and fear often marked by physiological signs (as sweating, tension, and increased pulse), by doubt concerning the reality and nature of the threat, and by self-doubt about one's capacity to cope with it! Anxiety disorder is much extreme form of fear!

This is associated manly to adult persons, persons with traumas, etc. I just cannot sort you in this category, so I think your fear is just indigenous fear of real life???

My suggestion is just to live your life without any "fabricated" fears! You're so young and you have a lot of life in front of you. Think about love, think about future, but not about illness or death! Death is natural loss of life and this definition is not related to YOU! So stop with this and go out, meet with your friends and live the life like other teenagers do!

;-)

Take care and do not worry about your health condition. You're fine!

Regards,
Pseud0

Try to find a trusted adult you can talk to. A teacher, a parent, an adult friend, a school counsilar.

There is a disease called hypochondria. It is a disease where people think they are sicker then they actually are. Talking to your doctor can also help. Forming a good relationship with them and explaining what goes through your mind. Your doctor is there to help you. If you dont feel supported by your doctor tell your parents that you want to find a new doctor because you do not feel that your currenet doctor cares about your overall well being.

I feel the same exact way!