Hey all, I've been smoking weed for roughly 1.5 years on and off and for the last 6 months pretty regularly, like 3-4 bowls a day.  Last week I got what I thought was Gastro.  I was really sick in the stomach and had crazy nausea.  Because I was feeling so Ill, I have been smoking which has been helping HEAPS with the nausea and such.  It's now a full 8 days later, and I am not better at all, still feeling like absolute sh*t and not being able to eat anything without getting super nauseous.  I'm not running to the toilet constantly or anything, my stomach is just bubbling away, hurting like hell and just feeling generally awful.  Also have had killer headaches the last 2 days.    I was just wondering if this is possibly not Gastro, and if it's caused by smoking weed?  I've done a bit of reading and can't really find anything that suggests it could be the weed, but wanted to ask.  Thanks alot for any help guys, hopefully we can rule out the weed so I can go and have a bowl and stop dying here!!!!

wen i smoked continuosly and consumed loads of sugar and starch for days because of th munches weed seemed to slow down my digestion and make me sick

In my experience, weed can help reduce symptoms of nausea and such like. But you've got to remember that with something like gastro, your body is getting very tired battling the germs/virus that is causing it. So be careful not to smoke too much, or you'll just be tiring yourself out further, prolonging the length of your illness.

I also have been smoking for about 2years now, I am in my late 30's and never even tried it till a doctor thought it would help my PTSD and a few other medical issues, well it worked wonders...but is now seemed to be the culprit of these horrendous stomach pains. Anyone found anything to stop this horrible stomach pain? Because the benefits on my other illnesses are significant ...but the stomach pains suck...any help out there????

Try to go on a trip. Go to a place where you wont be able to smoke weed for a couple of months. Once you there try to stay busy. For example you can go to a summer camp or anything like that. When you get back it wont be hard for you to go a day without smoking weed.

Every once in awhile i get this stomach illness that causes burps that taste like farts ( recently weve pinned it down to using old dish sponges ). A couple of hits of pot stops this in its tracks. Weird but im grateful to finally have found something thatll make it go away..its digusting.

ive been smoking weed roughly for about 10 years and the last 5 years ive been smoking hash. . from my experience smoking bongs may cause gastro, but take it easy. .

I have been a weed smoker for about 5 years , It wasn't until recently when I started smoking about a gram a day that I would start feeling sick. I smoke so much now to cope with the nausea but my stomach is torn up. As far is the gastronetitis being weed related I'm not 100% sure that's the case. What I do know is I've been to many physicians and they all tell me you take priilosec, but priilosec makes your hair fall out. No thanks doc I'll stick to the green.

I have the same problem. Yes it is due to weed, I stopped. The first week is the worst. I'm on my third week and I'm feeling better not 100% yet but everyday is better

Hey so I know this is an old thread you are probably better by now but it does sound like gastro it can last longer in some cases but also have a peep on Google about CHS (cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome) to give you an overview pretty much in chronic heavy usage or daily usage can cause you to get this and can cause cystalic (think I spelt that wrong) vomiting and it can go on for days and people who are undiagnosed keep smoking to try and combated the nausea but instead adding more to the problem the treatment is to cut back or take a break from ganja. Hope this helps.

Hey, I have been experiencing the exact same symptoms for the last 3 days. I was a heavy user, smoking about 5-6 bowls a day. Decided I need a break about 3 days ago and completely cut my intake for green.

Ever since I have been feeling like sh*t. Feel nausea everytime I eat and always throw up after 5mins of consuming something. There is constant pain in stomach but I'm not running to the toilet or anything.

I couldn't take the pain and Nausea anymore as I haven't slept properly in 3 days. I decided to have one bowl today and figured I should maybe ease out my green intake instead completely stopping. The green definitely helped I feel no pain atm or nausea.

I was just hoping someone could give me tips on how dealt with there situation when they experiencing something similar. Thanks

My mate Mirak had been diagnosed with Cannabinoid CHS - the doctors said any more weed and it may cause Psychosis - hes been on the bong for 5 years and is still a daily user, what would happen if he doesnt stop at this point? Since he wont stop is it less impactful to smoke from a joint or bong?

I recently moved to CO (All legal) and I smoked heavily (more than 3-4 bowls a day) nearly every day for the last year.

Before I go into detail, (and I am pro-pot) stop smoking now! I had very similar symptoms start about 8 months into things and they got worse, my stools got more narrow, pain got worse, appetite decreased massively, I lost 25 pounds in a year (and I was fit already) and felt my stress and anxiety (problems that had been under control) start to skyrocket.

I am only a couple days into quitting, and I am drastically more comfortable, and starting to get a very tiny sliver of appetite back, still quite concerned by smaller and thing stools, (scary that these symptoms match colon cancer), but I really believe it is cannabis related.

Sometimes I would even smoke a bowl and feel a almost immediate burst of pain through my abdomen, often followed by an urgent need to defecate. Check out Cannabis Hyperemisis, it is not well known, but it essential describes our symptoms and shows that individuals who quit smoking pot (people who had been smoking 20 years) typically started to see symptoms cease after only a few weeks to months. For lighter users like you and I we should feel better soon.

In regards to quitting weed, I am not stopping forever, but I will not pass a once a week threshold again I don't believe. Plus, decreasing tolerance through quitting will ensure that if/when I do decide to have some fun, it will be a much better time anyway.

I have not found too much in the way of instant relief, and my doctors have not had many theories, although they did not that I had very high stomach acid levels (my theory is this is a response to excess mucus drainage into the stomach, but I cannot verify this with medical studies).

Take some probiotics in the meantime, my understanding is that that is almost never a bad idea as these helpful organisms are already in your body!

Its the weed some gowers flush there plant others dont care they are not smoking it and yes too much weed can make u sick !! Send u to the Er. It becoming more common! It the dirty weed .with bacteria. Choose your buds by picking the one that is light light green. Been flushed darker the bug. The dirtyer it is. And smell has to smell good not like feet !!

So ive been a heavy smoker for about 10yrs solid. First 5 was all flower (1-2 grams a day) , now i mostly dab (wax/crumbles 1/8 of wax/2weeks). I came across this problem in both scenarios. I definitely have stomach acid issues. I strongly believe its related to smoking weed. Smoking gives you the munchies. I think we've essentially trained our bodies to think; if we're getting high, we're gonna get some food soon. Soo as a result the body starts pumping out stomach acids. And then when we don't eat, it really starts to hurt(gradually making it worse). Ive learned eating better helps. A banana always works. Granola always works, bread is amazing when the stomach acid kicks in. Ive read milk is really bad. I wake up most mornings cause my stomach starts to hurt. Smoking is one of the first things i do when i wake up. I try to always have a banana in my kitchen