hey, i m 21. I started loosing hair when i was 16. I don't have much hair left on my head. I mean, it's not easily visible but i have lost a lot of hair on the sides. My hair is also very thin. So, i have decided to get bald and stay that way for an year. I look cool like this but it kind of lowers my confidence a bit. It is said that first impression is the very important. Needless to say that i don't have any girlfriend.Meanwhile i m trying to find a solution to this problem. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Hi. Are you still following this topic? Anyway. If you started losing hair this early the only suggestion is you accept that you will be bald in a few years. It started for me at about the same age, at the temples. Top of the head went noticeably thin when I was 20, bald spot there when I was 21, bald plate when 24 with some hair left in front (Norwood stage 5), end of story at 27 with hair in front gone and crown of hair around my head gone low (Norwood stage 7). At 16 I didn't really care, it didn't seem bad, at 20 I panicked and a year later I started to think it was actually cool, very manly. I don't think I missed any girls because of it, quite the contrary. My first girlfriend (17) was imagining me bald and loved the idea of it, and from age 20 on girls wanted to touch my head and admired my early balding. So I really came to think of it as cool. When I was 25/26 a few friends started losing their hair too and they came to me for advice on how to deal with it. I told them all to accept it but I notice that most of them are unable to do so. My brother of course followed suit and he fought against it as well as he could but he hated it. So if you can, see the bright side of it and feel beautiful.

This is early! It started for me when I was 22 but it came as no surprise because there's not one man in my family with his hair left. My father and my uncle (his brother) lost it in their 30ies just as their own father and my mother's father was bald on the photos when she was born and he was 26 at the time. My cousins on my father's side had noticeable thinning in their mid 20ies and the youngest 1 also started to lose his hair he's 24 now. My older brother started when 21, so what chance did I have? But I must say it felt kind of normal, with all the other being just like me and I never really suffered from a loss of self confidence because of it.

My suggestion can only be to accept it and to feel cool! You're right: it is cool! And in my experience girls pay in general less attention to it than we do. You're young and you're severely touched by hairloss. In a few years you will blend in with others for more and more men aged 25-30 get bald. I got bald temples towards the end of puberty but experienced visible hairloss on top of my head only in my mid-20ies. While I didn't like the beginning of it, when it looked shabby, with enough hairloss to see the scalp but still too much hair to have a clear bald plate, I got very easily used to having a large bald spot on top of my head after a couple of years and waited actually anxiously for the front hair to go too. I keep the crown of hair trimmed very short.