Hi I am 17 years old and since I was 11 I have had a huge problem and never told anyone about it. One morning I woke up when I was 11 and my labia minora was huge on one side. It not really bother me that much until now its getting worse b/c of sex and the other side is getting longer too. It is so irratating to the point I cannot even enjoy life. I recently told my b/f of three years about my problem, he does not underdtand how it can bother me. It bothers me very much both mentally and physically and I wont be happy until it goes away. I have done research about it and its called labial hypertrophy and inside it is just a build up of fluid. Thank god next week i have a gyno appointment....my mom does not know about my problem. I am so scared that they might not able to help. I am in severe need for labiaplasty. What will happen when I go there...will the doctor be like what is that b/c it does not seem very common.

If anyone has any advice for please write back. Thank You!

hi i was reading alot of stuff about this...and i think i have the same problem...the thing is i went on this website and their stuff was alot bigger then mine but i think mine is big too because it hangs out. I don't really know how other girls look so i ahve no idea if mine is ugly or if it's just normal but i don't like it and feel embarrased of it. i don't want to have surgery because i think that's taking it too far but i would like to know any other ways to make it just a little bit smaller. anybody who can give me any advice it would be appreciated.

Hey thank God you told us what it is
I have the exact same thing I must have gotten it when I was like 12
Is the only way out with surgery?

I have the exact same problem and i don't know what might have caused it. When I was 13 it just popped appeared out of no where. its really embarassing and I don't know what to do about it....I'd also like to know if there are any other solutions besides surgery...

i have the same problem it started when i was 14 and now i am 16 and it still has not gone away i was scared for awhile that it might have been an std but the more i read about it it seems like lots of people have the same problem is there any way to fix it?...its embaressing i dont even wanna do stuff with my boyfriend cause i am scared he wil think i am weird or something ?

Girls your labia are quite normal. Labia are like breasts or any part of the body, they come in all shapes and sizes. The average cup size I believe is 36C, but breasts can be anything from AA to JJ and they are all normal. Similarly with labia, some are hidden and some protrude markedly and will change as you grow older, they are all normal. Hypertrophy is an invented word and NOT A MEDICAL CONDITION OR TERM. You will find that many men love protruding labia as there is more to love :-) There are risks associated with labiaplasty and your sex life after labiaplasty can be seriously affected, please see:-

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/labiaplasty-nightmare&hpr=Labiaplasty_Nightmare

If you want a second opinion ---- I agree with crazyp.

Your labia are perfectly normal and perfect. There is no need to think about cutting anything off and every reason NOT to.

I have enjoyed the look, feel and taste of every labia I've had the privilege of meeting.
Don't be embarased, offer them to your bf with pride.
If he's a keeper, he's going to love them :-D

I am 15 years old and i am really scared that if i tell my mom or friends or even boyfriend they will diss like me and think of me as a freak.. I am a pretty girl and i think that my labia minora brings me down on the pretty scale. i am still a virgan but if i do chose to have sex i dont want my partner to be all grossed out and diss like me. i just noticed my defect when i was about 12-13. i have to take back what i said about not any one knowing my step sister knows and has seen it and she said eww what the hell is that. i wasnt doing any thing sexual with her i just wanted to see if i was normal or not. she also told me if any guy had seen my vagina they would say it was nasty. that about made me cry. i am so pretty and have so much to offer when my step sister said that to me i felt like why would any guy ever want me??? I would like peoples help and ext any thing to help me would be so great. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use
i would love it if you or whome ever reads this could give me advic or help.. im a freak and 15 i dont want to die a virgan.........