Pool water was too hot last night and it was pretty unpleasant. It’s like I was in a spa. I almost fell asleep in the pool and couldn’t do anything I planned. It was outrageous and I wanted to complain to somebody but I didn’t know who. Am I overreacting about this? Has this ever happened to you? I wish I had my own pool.

You’re not overreacting, because water temperature is very important for swimming performance. There are three levels of warmth and they should be followed, because you can’t train in a pool in which water is too warm, because that can really can make you feel drowsy and sleepy. Pools for training must have temperature of, correct me if I’m wrong, 26 degrees. Everything above that is not appropriate. Tat can slow you significantly. At least, I feel like that and my muscles are completely unfit and relaxed in too warm water. Kids’ pools and those for rehabilitation of people with certain diseases are very warm but their purpose is to be pleasant and to offer relaxation. I guess you can complain to your coach about the water.