Here’s something that I’ve always wanted to know. Do people get thirsty during swimming training? It seems to me that I would never drink anything because I’m already in the water and on some psychological level, no mater how much you train, you don’t have the wish to drink water. Next week I’m going to start training swimming and I’d like to know something about this.

This is like that question people always ask, about whether swimmers sweat during training. I admit it’s a bit odd to get thirsty when you’re surrounded by so much steam and water is evaporating and so on. But swimmers do get thirsty for the simple reason they sweat and they need to take some water. Another important thing is also that since swimming is a very demanding activity, they lose lots of energy in the pool and they have to replenish it by drinking some sports drinks which are balanced and which offer an energy boost. So, remember to hydrate yourself properly while in the pool. Don’t get carried away by so much water.