Im in Denver Co. Have ssdi and Medicare recently applied for medicaid was approved for QMB<, still have nothing as far as help paying for my methadone. If I had never worked I would of recieved SSI  and Medicaid and it would pay my Methadone bill. My PCP would love to write a prescription, but thats against the law. Does anyone have the same problem?

who said its against the law? you do have medicaid already ,and medicare,medicaid kicks in whatever medicare doesnt.pay

I don't have regular medicaid. I have the QMB program which pays u back the money Medicare takes out of my sssdi check and pays the 20% after Medicare pays their part. Clinics don't accept Medicare and Medicare doesn't pay for methadone.. but I am still working on it. I'm hoping that the QMB program might reimburse me something anything.

i dont know how it works in denver ,cause i live in texas ,but here qmb iis medicaid ,call medicid and tell them if medicare can be waived ,so you can use medicaid to pay for your methadone ,i know what ur saying about medicare ,but it dont have to be that way ,worst case tell them you want to appeal any dessision medicare decide ,and appeal it till your appeal proceses is over