my name is Eric Franklin and I have been taking suboxone 16mg. for about 7 months. I get 60 pills monthly. My medication cost me $430.00. Doe's anyone body know of a good prescription saving's card.

Eric,

Have you tried to Social Services to help you?
If you work (or not) Social Services would probably help you with medicaid.

Eric Try buying them somewhere else mine cost $260.00 for 45 - 8 MG Pills at Meijers, sounds like you are paying to much and cut down fast this Suboxone is so addictive it is not even funny, you have to do it on your own, the only other way is Anatheasia Detox, at the cost of $6,700 for 5 day in house detox and outhouse afterwards, Suboxone is an OPIATE just as bad if not worse the Heroin and the doctors knew this fact.

Contact me at SuboxoneHelp on AIM or at aim.com...

Thanks, John

SuboxoneHelp wrote:

Guest wrote:

Thanks, John

That's interesting because most of the people that I know take took them for a little while and came off with no problem. These people also relapsed some weeks later but they weren't craving anything when they came off of suboxone.

Does anyone else here agree with this? I only have a few suboxone and I've tapered down to 2.5 milligrams/day to which I'm hoping the withdrawals won't be as severe because of this but if the suboxone is just as addictive, what's the point?

Are you talking about long term suboxone use?

If anyone else has been a hardcore IV heroine user they know the difference with Suboxone. Suboxone has allowed me to have a quality of life without the effects of Heroine. When on Heroine I was out on the streets, stealing, selling all my possesions, not working and not taking care of myself. I have been on 16 MG of Suboxone for nearly two years and I am prepared to stay on it as long as I need to. I never want to put myself into a situation like when I was on IV heroine. Suboxone has allowed me to reclaim my life back. It is a very expensive prescription and cost me about $300.00 a month. I would go through $300 of heroine in a week.

Suboxone has allowed me to get my life back. If used properly without drinking and other drugs it is a valuable asset.

John

My daughter was an IV Heroin user as well. She slammed it for over 4 years. Thousands and thousands of dollars went to the streets. She stole from family, she boosted, she did "favors" for insavory people, lied, lost her son, her drivers license, friends and several members from the family.
I never turned my back, tho my heart was broken.
She jumped bail twice, ignored warrants, ran thru yards during two police chases, tore her foot open on a chain link fence trying to hop it, bare footed, which she should have gotten stitches and now has a memory everytime she looks at her foot, she has a nasty scar that never healed properly, she got an infection and had a temp of 104 degrees.
She bought Sub on the streets when she couldn't score her drug of choice.
She finally got arrested and was kept in jail for 8 weeks with no Sub. She went thru a bad two weeks, that's really when the worse part is over for a sub user. After that, it sticks in your head, giving you the "mental" want.
She spent 4 weeks in rehab, with no sub, she didn't want it. Now she is waiting for a bed in a half way house where she will stay for 6 months.

ERIC,

DO A SEARCH ON THE INTERNET FOR DISCOUNT rX CARDS AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU ON DISCOUNTS... THEY HAVE SOME ONE OF THEM IS .. AND THE OTHER IS ... my son went from paying $500 a month to $300 with the nulegacy card. hope this helps you

Hi Eric, My name is Amanda and I also take suboxone. I understand your frustration. I used to be on your dosage but thankfully now I'm down to 8mg once a day, hence 30 8mg tabs per month. I do have insurance and my pills are $176.34. As a recovering addict I'm just getting on my feet a year and a half later. I can't afford $200/month on meds! I hope there are others like you and me that have answers. Good luck

Try paying out of pocket for health insurance.
I have BCBS and pay twenty dollar copay for my Sub doc, and thirty dollar co-pay for my persciption for Suboxone.
I am perscriped to take three 8mgs per day (at different times of course)
so this was 40 somthing 8mg subs for thirty dollars with my copay.

Definatley worth looking into

Hello Eric,

First off let me clarify that although Suboxone is considered a controlled substance and does contain an opiate factor, it is non-addictive and most patients gradually ween down on the medication until they are back to normal (without any effort for weening). The primary active ingredient in SUBOXONE is buprenorphine. Because buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist, its opioid effects are limited compared with those produced by full opioid agonists, such as oxycodone or heroin. SUBOXONE also contains naloxone, an opioid antagonist. The naloxone prevents you from getting high from any other opioid substance. There are so many other things I could go into about the healing factor of your brain and what's going on inside of your body while you use this medication... but you would be better off reading about it online or talking to your own doctor.

The medication does wonders... I myself was hooked on Oxycontin and MS contin for 9 years. This did substantial damage to my body and the withdrawals were unbearable. Suboxone saved my life and pushed me into my current life's career. There are many ignorant people that don't understand what they're talking about, but as a Doctor that specialises in this field AND a patient I can tell you... You are on the right path to recovery.

The bad side of this process and like most processes for getting clean, it can be very expensive. I am going to help you and others that read this article on this particular matter.

The company that manufactures Suboxone and Subutex is called Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals Inc. Ask your doctor (the prescriber of the suboxone) about the one year trial plan that this company offers. If you can't afford your medication but have the will and need to stay clean, the company offers a one year trial of the medication for free. There are a few forms to fill out and your doctor can provide you with them. Once they are faxed over to the company, within a week or two you will be setup for a year.

The great thing about this plan is that most people are done with the suboxone less than a year. This process will not only save you money, but it will change your life. Eric, you are making the right choice! Ask your doctor about this program; it exists and it's very helpful for those without insurance and want to stay off drugs.

- Dr. Thomas MPAD

Eric dude,
I totally feel your pain man. I was on Suboxone, 12mg per day. Dude, I was married when I first started taking it, and my wifes insurance coverd a good amount, but I still had to pay something like $120.00 for my script. Now i'm divorced and when I was still on Suboxone during the divorce and naturally I started eating the suboxone like it was going out of style man. I'd take about 40ng a day which is 5 pills. Man, drugs effect some people in different ways. I know a few people who is currently taking Suboxone and she's been on it for 3 years and she says that she will be on it for the rest of her life. However, my point is i've talke to these people about it and some of them said it doesn't really do anything. All they could tell is that they weren't withdrawing. As for me,,,,,,,,,,,That's a totally different story all together. The effect that suboxone has on me must have something to do with my chemical reactioin and my neurotransmitters. Maybe the neurotransmitters in everyone's brain are slightly different, and that's why when I take ANY AMOUNT of suboxone I get a SUPER GREAT MOOD, I get energy like crazy from it. It's a total euphoric kind of state that I get into whenever I take some. Now though, I'm off of suboxone completely and off of any opiates completely. I had the worst detox situation I could ever dream about in my worst nightmares.\

I know what you mean about the cost of Suboxone. I have insurance but the price for 90 pills was still $500 . I just had to get what I could afford to keep me well enough till next payday. So, if anyone knows where I could go for help I would appreciate it. Have a great day.
:-(

[ok so, I really need to get on suboxton, bad! im goin to see my therapist/doc an hope to god that he gives me a scrip of this med..If he does, I do have medicaid an was wondering if it would even cover any of my cost on these pills.. how long would it take for me to get offa n how bad are the w/draws?? I need to get on this med for the simple fact I cant stop takin pills, I have a 3yr old an desperatly need to keep my good job! I take up to 60-70mg a day of vicodon.. And if i dont I already start sweating an gettin cold... the usual w/draws:( I really need help an really hope my doc does help me.. but I need to know w medicaid.. would it drain my pocket? I cant go to a clinic an pay $13 a day nor will my job work around me gettin dosed so early in the morning, I would never make it to work on time:( anyone have any suggestions?

Its kinda funny how some people can afford the 500 to 1000 dollars a month for heroin/oxys/tabs but they cant afford the 400 a month for suboxone.

I too don't understand how you can afford your drug of choice but not suboxone? $500 doesn't even compare to the amount spent on drugs off the streets! I know for me, $5.00 per pill turned into $1,500 per month! So I will not compain about the cost of subs. I was trying to catch up on the bills that I put off and the debt I ran up during the highest point of my addiction while trying to pay for my subs with insurance not willing to pay. they would pay for the doctors visit but not the prescription! So at times it was difficult to pay that much at the pharmacy so what I would do is get 10 or so pills filled and then either go back to the pharmacy just to get 10 or so more before I ran out or either get the remaining amount if I had the funds. 10 pills last me 10 days so that was plenty of time for me to get more money. But I do realize everyones situation is different! What is ridiculous to me is that people are saying that they have been on a high dose for years. YEARS?!? Do these people not see what is wrong with this situation?!? And then they want to complain about going through withdraws from subs. There is NO drug that can be a permanant solution to an addiction! Addicts have to work HARD for soberiety. Thinking that a drug can cure an addiction is trying to find the easy way out. Suboxone is and has always been a temporary drug to help while an addict is going through a treatment plan. It is up to that individual to know when they are ready to tamper off the drug because they have better knowledge of coping skills that they have worked towards learning and understanding. If you are on subs for years, then its the addicts' fault, not the drug! Its funny how people will be quick to blame something or someone for their actions! If an individual is actually serious about their recovery, then they will discover they don't need the drug in less than a year after the start of treatment. If you are really wanting soberiety, then find out where to start in your town and FOLLOW THE TREATMENT! If you are an addict on subs for years at the same amount that is given at the beginning, you might as well just admit that you are still living in your addiction and either decide to turn that around by starting at day 1 of treatment or just keep on wasting your money on subs. But don't come on these forums to complain about it being worse than heroin.