Hello, my friends. I have a problem and I was hoping someone here could help me. I am allergic to cats. Every time I get near them, I go sneezing and coughing. I wonder if this means that I am allergic to dogs also. I would really appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hello. Cats and dogs allergies are one of the most common allergies among pet allergies. It doesn’t have to mean that if you are allergic to cats, you will be allergic to dogs as well. In some cases, some people are allergic only to a certain species. Since you don’t have some serious symptoms, you can try to see if you are allergic to dogs. You can also ask for a prick test. Ask a healthcare professional about this. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with this! Bye!

Well,
In my opinion no, you don’t have to be allergic to dogs and cats at the same time. However these things can happen where a person is allergic both to dogs and to cats. The symptoms that you have are the clear indication that you have the allergy toward cats but this doesn’t have to relate to dogs as well. In my opinion you can easily test this if you try to go near a dog and see if you have the same reactions as with cats. You have to be careful when it comes to allergies because they can get complicated. I hope this helped you in any possible way.

Good luck,
Karel