Hey there.

Well I am in a big trouble. My both pets, dog and a cat have problem with fleas.

My cat got fleas first and after this my dog got them as well. I don’t know is this my cat's fault but it doesn’t’ matter anymore.

My biggest concern is how to deal with it?

How do you take care of flea problems?

I really need some tips for flea removal and treating fleas in cats and dogs.

I am for some natural treatments and I am for some treatments that works pretty fast.

If you have any idea what could be helpful…let me know.

When you are choosing a weapon against your enemy, you should do it really careful. First you need to know your enemy and then you need to find a way to get rid of him.

Aloe Vera juice is an amazing natural remedy. You should combine cayenne pepper with aloe vera juice. Mix this well and put it in a spray bottle.

You can use aloe vera with some essential oils while you are bathing your pet.

Garlic and yeast are also a good solution when you want to prevent fleas in your lovely little friend.

You should also keep your house and carpets clean.  

Hey everyone.

Luckily, there are so many ways to treat and to remove fleas in cats and dogs.

For example, black walnut is very, very effective flea repellent for dogs. You should give it to your dog several times a week. It can be purchased in liquid form or in capsules.

When you are giving this to your dog, give it in the minimum dose because it can be dangerous in higher doses.

Vitamin B is also very helpful supplement and it can be given to dogs and cats.

Also a fine toothed flea comb is essential and it should be used daily.

So I don’t agree when you are saying that flea comb is not helpful.

Hello. It is not that big issue treating fleas in your dogs in cats anymore. There are so many new meds and amazing natural ways to help your pet. I am definitely for natural ways. Those meds and antibiotics are recommended when your pet has very strong allergic reaction to the fleas. Lemon spray is very good and very effective. Lemon is handy natural flea remedy. Take a couple of lemons, three maximum, and slice them very thin. Keep the peel on it. Place those slices in a pint of water and leave it to a boil. Let it be there overnight.

Hey. One day I had really serious issue with all of my pets – dogs and cats. They all had flea problem at the same time.

If I didn’t lost my mind then I don’t know will this ever happen lol :)

I don’t know, I really do respect all those natural treatments and I am definitely for the natural treatments.

But in some cases you really need to see your vet because sometimes only medications can help.

But here is one good tip that I do know.

With this trick flea control was never easier – it is cat fleas spray.

You can find it everywhere – it is quick and effective.

Good luck!

When my Hope got fleas I was using some of those remedies that you wrote here.

But I think that boric acid and vacuum are the excellent combination.

Boric acid is a natural insecticide.

Here is what you need to do – sprinkle it on your dog and at all surfaces that your dog has been on. It doesn’t matter are they inside or outside your house.

Boric acid will kill fleas and the larvae by dehydrating them.

If you let boric acid over the night on your dog and your furniture you will be surprised with the results.

You should try it. 

Fleas are common parasites in cats and dogs. Prevention is definitely the best cure. If your pets still do not have problem with fleas but they are like every other pet exposure to them, the best way to prevent this is to use good oral product during the flea season. You can find a lot of products on the market and they are amazing.
If you didn’t prevent fleas on time you can find a lot of products on the market to treat them. I am using “Double action flea spot on for cats and small dogs”. It helped me a lot so far.
I don’t know anything about homemade remedies.