I’ve started up mountain biking and I like it very much. The problem is that I can’t handle cycling on hills well. It’s so tiring and strenuous and I have to make very long pauses after that. I know that the point in mountain biking is to ride across uneven terrains with lots of obstacles, but I don’t know how to manage it. Any suggestion for a novice?

Well, my suggestion would be to switch to road cycling and after you’ve learned the technique, both cycling and breathing, you can go back to mountain biking. It’ considered to be an extreme sport and you need a lot of strength and enough cycling experience to endure such efforts, like cycling on a hill. I also think that you need to work out for a while in order to build up your muscles, because mountain biking is a very demanding sport and you have to be pretty muscular. The diet is also important and you should eat enough carbs in order to have strength for such endeavors. Basically, all you need is more experience and strength and you’ll be fine.