Im 13 and have been having these chest pains? Its more like and episode occurs ever so often. When and episode hits me, im forced to make small inhales because it hurts when i breath really bad! But then i cant take it anymore, and im forced to take a breathe and it hurts really bad! Its been happening for some years now? Is this seriouse? %-)

Hi Kimmycub,

At 13 it is unlikely it is a cardiac (heart) problem. It very well could be a form of asthma however. Does it happen mostly in really cold weather? Or when you've been exercising?

I do think you should see your doctor and tell him/her what is going on. They'll listen to your heart and lungs.

Keep us posted and let us know how you're doing OK?

Well, It doesnt really happen when im exercising, it just happens randomly. Oh and i had to go to the docters a while ago for something unrealated but all those times i went she would ask me is i had asthma? Is my family docter suppose to ask me that often?

Usually they'd ask you if you had asthma and if you have different doctors then it's not uncommon. Or, they may be observing something and trying to figure out if you have other symptoms.

I can't say for sure.

Your doctor can diagnose asthma or may refer you to an asthma specialist.

Without a detailed exam, and possibly some tests, it is difficult to say what you have. Since you've had these pains and don't know the cause you should see your doctor.

Keep us posted. Good luck.

This has been happing to meee too!!! Im scared i dont know what it is but this is the EXACT thing that has been happing to me

My pain happens when I'm just doing regular. Things and then it happens more with me my chest feels tight my doctor. Thinks I may have to see a cartiolgist I'm 13

Same Im 13 and it started hurting today it hurts a lot when I laugh Hopefully it's nothing I'm going today to check it out

Oh my gosh! Same for me!!!!!

I'm also 13 and have the same things, I have asthma so maybe you might have that also

Im also have 13 and have chest pains like that almost everyday. They mostly hurt to breathe in. Sometimes i cant breathe and my heart beats really slow. I asked my doctor about it at a physical and she said to try and go to a doctor whenever it happens to see what is happening, but sometimes it happens really quick and i dont know what to do either

Same thing happens to me. It just kinda comes and goes whenever

Ive too been having this and its at random times when im sleeping ill wake up with super bad chest pains it been happing since i was 6 and it hurts to breathe and move i know its not a heart attack cause im alive but its been hurting like crazy and its been happing more than every and ive been pounding on my chest case it feels like my chest is cracking from my ribs to my chest and more towards the left of my chest

and also to add im not exercising nor do i have asthma

I’ve been getting the same thing. What was the problem because I’m literally crying I don’t know what it is!!

What was the problem??