I'm 18 years old and was born with chronic pancreatitis I have lived half my life in a hospitals, and have had over 50 attacks through out my life, and every time my numbers go off the chart, I suffer from sever pain and nausa every day of my life, and I am now 10 weeks pregnant and the pain has been getting worse and I'm scared I'm going to get an attack!has anyone had an attack while there were pregnant and if so what happens, is having chronic pancreatitis while being pregnant dangerous for the baby?  

Hi, please let me know how was your pregnancy, I hope you are fine now with the baby of course!
I keep my fingers crossed for you, I also suffer from panceatitis for 17 years now and I plan to have a baby next year, I hope everything will be alright.

Hi Martha, I Had my son in March 2015. actually right after posting this I ended up with a really bad attack when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant which made my water break I was in labor for over 24 hours before they decides to do a c sections which they where trying to avoid because I was born with chronic pancreatitis but they didn't have a choice because I wasn't progressing enough to give birth naturally probably because i was having an attack. but despite my serious health problems and my son being born 2 months early he was 7 pounds and 6 oz (which ever one was surprised how big he was cuz i was so tiny and I had barely gained any weight through my pregnancy), and he was beyond health and perfect. But for me my pancreatitis has gotten worse ever since i gave birth im not sure if it was from the c-section or a combo of the pregnancy and the c-section! But I wouldn't change any thing all the pain was worth it in the end, because he gives me a reason to get up everyday no matter how horrible I feel and he makes he happy and smile when Im not feeling good! But to answer you question my pregnancy was pretty good but toward the end when he started getting bigger is when I started have difficulty and started having more pain daily. when you go get pregnant you just need to be very cautious and take it easy and do you best to avoid an attack! good luck! if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Thank you for your response, congratulations! Please tell me the details of your pancreatitis, I know you were born with it, but is it genetical or autoimmunological in your case? I know the reason may be important, so I need to know if normally you feel the pain every day and if your amylase and lipase enzyms are high every time or only during attacs? Do you take Creon with every meal? Did you doctor tell you anything new to follow?
I felt sad after reading a lot of women had difficultier with their pregnancies, or even had miscarriage, so I would like to know how to react and what to think. You and your example give me a lot of hope, but still I am afraid and I cannot imagine that anything could go wrong.

I actually have it anatomically my bile duct is 1/2 the size of a normal one also my duct does a sharp left turn causing food to get blocked ive lived my whole life on a low fat, fat free diet, Ive also been on enzymes since I was 3 when I was a child there was no doctor in the state of Florida that was able to help me so we had to fly musc hospital in South Carolina for my surgeries like stents, ercps and just to see a doctor that know what childhood Chronic Pancreatitis was, so when I was 10 my mom decided to move us to North Carolina so I could be seen by the doctors at Duke when they opened up a pancreatic clinic for children so we lived there for several years before moving back to Florida to be with family! as a child I was constantly in and out of the hospital it stopped me from doing a lot of things like sport and school this disease has been hard but its made me a stronger person! My amylase and lipase usually go off the charts that what they run to determine if Im having an attack and the reason i'm in daily pain is because of the amount of attacks i've had since I was born and also the amount of scar tissue i have from all the attacks, and surgical procedures. I am now 20 years old and its still a daily struggle but my son really does help me get through it and the only new thing out there for pancreatitis is the islet surgery which is something I really want to get but I'm not sure if i'm a eligible candidate for the surgery I actually set up a gofundme to try to raise money so I could hopefully get the surgery done because my insurance wont cover it and the doctor is in a different state! But beside that the only thing that can be done for pancreatitis is maintain and managing it and yes I do take creon with every meal I also Take zofran, protonics, amitiza and several other med to maintain it and control the attacks! I actually had a miscarriage 1 years before conceiving my son i'm not sure if it is because of my condition or not but my pregnancy with my son for the first 4 months went pretty well beside the nausa and throwing up he was always growing more than was expected everytime i went to the doctor but because of my condition i was seen by 2 doctor one was a regular obgyn and one was a specialist so he was being watched very careful i went to the doctor for check ups every 2 weeks. I feared everyday through my whole pregnancy the though of something happening but I promise you dont let those fear take over you because they will make it really hard to enjoy anything. you just have to be caution and listen to your body if something doesnt feel right. even though I gave birth at 6 1/2 months he was perfectly healthy and now a days they have all the technology for premature babies. just make sure you pick good doctors, good hospitals and surround yourself with alot of support! So how old were you when you were diagnosed, and what type do you have?

Sorry I haven't written immediately after your post, but please believe me that your story is so sad that I would like to send you a lot of hope and health!
I came back to your post, because I am going to become pregnant this month, at least I hope I will do it with the first try. My doctors told me everything should be ok, because despite pancreatitis I'm healthy.
My pancreatitis is not typical, after all these years I still don't know the reason, my family had tests too and I know it is not because of the genes, I did not have any accidents in which I hit my pancrea, I also did not drink at the age of 10 of course. Some say thay it may be the rrsult of vaccines, but no one can say it for sure.
When I read your story I was shocked how difficut it was for your family to support you during treatment, I live in Poland, the best hospital for kids is about 270 km (170 miles) from the place I live, everything is for free, because you pay for your health in fees when you work, so I guess it is a lot simplier when you don't have to worry about your insurance.
What is more, I see a difference i treatment, in Poland they remive pancrea only when there is no other way to keep a patient alive, as long as Creon works, they keep the organ to support the rest of the organism.
Please let me know hiw you feel now, greetings from snowy Poland.