Here's the thing, I have three straight male room-mates and I want to kiss one of them. I have considered myself straight, but I do admit I have had thoughts about some guys I've known since an early age. I tend to be attracted to men's personalities however women's body's. I'm just turning twenty and it seems as though many people have a clear cut idea of what they like at an earlier age (it's either guys dig chicks and know how to advance physically/socially or they like dudes and know how to advance physically/socially out of instincts.) I, however, have hardly ever felt confident or right with women. Furthermore, i have many gay friends and i am not interested in the gay life/society, or rather, I prefer the life of a straight man.

There has only really been 2 girls that I have had the admiration for that is equal to the admiration I have had for some men and both of those lady friends of mine did not love me they way I loved them.

The advice I am searching for is what to do with my feelings for my room mate (we have year of living to go). (Ideally I would like my life to be either gay or straight because the way I'm operating now prevents anything from happening.)

I could very well be wrong with my response in its wording, but I'll give it a shot anyways.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the feelings you are having. Even at your age, young adults still often find themselves a bit confused. However, your attraction to people may be because you are attracted ti the personality and seek companionship in general. Your desire to kiss may be that you honestly simply want a physically intimate relationship and the idea arouses you, but makes you feel most comfortable to think about such with someone you already feel acquainted with.

It's clear from your post that you have feelings for both males and females at this point. Perhaps experimentation would be the right way to sort out your feelings, and you should decide if you want to be gay, straight or bisexual even. You may never lose your attraction to both genders.

As for what to do with your roommate, I would recommend not acting on someone so close. Incidentally, if he rejects your advancement (and not particularly fond of homosexuals), it could make your time spent with him progressively more awkward and difficult.

Are you better friends with this person? Do you go out with all your roomates or just him. Is there something different about him from the other guys. Gay guys are not attracted to any man,just like straight guys prefer certain girls until it comes to closing time. Ialways like straight bars, with live bands and a relaxed atmosphere. I have left some of these bars with men. The media puts out drag queens,leather guys, and effeminate twinks. People think that is what gay people are.
So when you think of likeing guys don't think that firemen&Policemen, business men,Dr.'s or construction workers aren't gay. Gay men work in everykind of job, they just keep their personal lifes personal.Sometimes when you spend time with someone, you have a closer friendship than most..Watch a movie called BIG EDEN, it involves 2 best friends,one who was in love with the other, but his friend loved him. it's a good movie. Sometimes relationships aeren't always what we think they are.If you get to know this guy to the point of good friends, sit down and talk to him about you think, but would never act on .He may be as scared as you to act on feelings.

Give him a blow job, thats what I did with my roomate, same story actually. He liked it. But we dont really talk about, how much sex we have, he still has a girl friend. And I have a girl-Friend type deal also. I dont know, hes the only guy Im attracted to. 

My first job , everyone knew I was, but nothing was said. A Bellman, nice blonde,well built guy, ask me why I didn't go to the gym work out and get in better shape to defend myself. This was a straight guy, who was concerned about a fellow employee. Most of all, all gay guys do not have anal intercourse. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

These are both yahoo groups,looking into them may answer some questions. People always assume that all gay men, do the same thing. What you do, usually depends on the chemistry of the two people involved. You can always admire the work that goes into staying in shape to the point that they draw attention. If a girl draws attention, that is natural., And is your attraction,that he is someone you have things that you admire, or do you get a hard on when he is in the room? Maybe when you have spent more time together, you can have a beer and start a discussion on the types of guys who people never suspect are gay. Like quaterbacks,other sports figure, celebrities. People whoo you would meet and find out and it wouldn't be a problem.The first talk doesn't need to go all the way to your ptoblem. But you will find out how he feels about men that are famous and came out. It may be a roadblock, but is may lead to other talks. Start slow if he's cool, just lay in bed and spoon, arm around your chest, with nothing else going on, just chillin together. It's new to you,and new to him,best to take baby steps to get where your'e going. He will pick up spees, if he finds he likes it.