I had a vaginal hysterectomy and a labiaplasty performed on Dec 17, 2012 (almost 6 weeks now). While I know that it takes 6-8 weeks, I'm pretty sure my lips are forever damaged. My labia weren't hanging extremely low but they were very jagged from having 2 vaginal deliveries and would catch toilet paper. So embarrassing to act like I needed to go pee before having sex everytime. Talk about a mood killer! So I specified twice that I would simply like the edges removed. Well I didn't try to look until about a week after since I was in pain from both surgeries. When I did look, the stitches appeared to be very tight and wound around and around the edges. It literally looked like someone put Play Doh in their hand and squeezed it out of their fingers. After 4 weeks I was in so much pain in one area that my husband looked and found one small section was brown. I had him cut that stitch and felt instant relief. It had no blood flow I guess! When I told my Dr at my check up the other day she just nodded and acted like it was no big deal. I did not yet mention my horror of how it looks. I am pretty certain it will always look like this and she also took off more than I asked for. What am I supposed to do? I feel like when I have sex again it will pull all the little sections and tear them. That's what it looks like, little bubbled sections. Anyone else have similar issues?

Yes,im 4 weeks post op.I was told I had dissolvable stitches but had to have them removed a day ago,I feel if they had been removed sooner I wouldn't have this problem...it feels worse now than it did 2 weeks after the surgery.the lumps are very hard and painfull,I am also suffering from dryness which I've never experienced before.im praying the lumps soften over time like I have read in some other forums.did yours get any better?.please post again!.this is keeping me up at night before I cry myself to sleep.