I had my period on the 2/2/08, then had sex on 16/2/08 which would have been my fertile time. I was doing ovulation tests for over a week and every day came back as fertile. I then had a very light period on 2/3/08 which only lasted 2 days, then another on 3/4/08, again very light and only lasted 2 days. I have missed the last one completely. For about the last 8 weeks I have been feeling sick constantly, had headaches for about 3 weeks and have put on weight. I have had sharp pains in the lower left side of my abdomen. I have done about 20 pregnancy tests which have all come up negative except for 2 which have had very faint lines. How is it possibly to have 2 positive tests and the rest negative and only just miss a period?? I went to my doctor yesterday and had to do a urine test but will not get the results for 3 days, I somehow expect this will come back negative. What do I do now??

false positives are not common. did you tell your doctor that you got two faint positives? you should ask your doctor for a blood test. and if you are more that one month pregnant, a blood test should show if you are pregnant or not. blood and urine test look for a pregnancy hormone called hCG. you need this hormone to carry a pregnancy, and a blood is a little more sensitive to finding it. i hope you figure out what's going on soon.

she's right, false positives are not common but they do happen specially with the "cheaper" tests. If it was after your period "due" date and they were faint lines and only 2 out of 20 and they were the generic types then the most likely verdict would be that you are not or at leastno longer pregnant. Now, is the last time you had intercourse 2 months ago? 2 months before these tests? If thats the case and you have had this many negatives you are definately not pregnant and what most likely happened was what is called a "chemical pregnancy" meaning that yes an egg was fertilized but it never implanted which happens at least 25% of the time if not more. Two months past conception would make you around 10 weeks pregnant and at that time there would be no question if you were pregnant or not because with every test and even exam it would be a clear positive. If you are trying to get pregnant your doc can give you a hormone medication to jump start your cycle again so you can give it another try....It will happen soon