I had these crazy cravings when I was severely anemic.  Apparently the typical vegan lasts on the diet about 9 years than gives in (some survey in Psychology Today).  Likely because of B12 deficiency.  I bought liver -which I find disgusting- cooked it diced it and froze it and for a month ate a cube (about 10g) per day like a med.  It really helped.  And then I moved on.  You can check your blook to make sure you do not have deficiencies (B12, iron..) and supplement. Clams and herring are also very high in B12 so you would need to eay very little.  Best. 

The original purpose of the appendix was to help digest raw meat. Ergo everyone should eat meat because it is good for you. The appendix is no longer needed since people can now cook meat.

You cannot eat all vegetables raw. Some you can just like some meats you can eat raw.

I have been vegetarian for 20 years and become one for the same reason. However, I am having health issues- autoimmune disorders and recently discovered I have an underactive thyroid which has caused me to gain 40 pounds.

While I would like to agree with you, part of what you say is not true, and in turn supports the omnivore point. Humans DO eat raw meat. Any tartar, be it steak, beef or lamb etc....They eat sushi, caviar and oysters....all raw. Let alone insects or other circumstances be it survival or environmental.
I will agree with you on the iron thingy....most can fill that niche/crave with increasing dark green veggies.....sea kelp, spinach and dried fruits like raisins. Definitely research and cross reference though...Be healthy friends! Cheers

What do you have against rocks!!! ;) *jks*

Hi, maybe your body needs meat right now. There is nothing wrong with eating meat. Some people act as if they think they are superior because they are vegan or vegetarian.
Eat a modest amount of anything that is safe and healthy for consumption.
I subscribe to Butter Nutrition. The lady who writes it has a totally different approach to the whole nutrition topic. Hope the best for you.