I want to increase my strength but don’t want to look like the guys who compete at Mr. Olympia. I would like to keep light weight as this is crucial for my racing chances. Do you know how to increase strength but keep light weight? I would appreciate any advice.

To increase strength significantly you cannot escape lifting weights. Don’t worry, to look like guys in pro bodybuilding competitions you would have to train hard, eat right, rest enough and dedicate most of your time to that…for some 10 years. Increasing your strength means building more muscle mass. Muscles are much heavier that fat tissue so some weight gain is unavoidable. The only thing you can do to counteract that is to lose fat (if you have more than few pounds of it). But if I were you I wouldn’t worry too much about the weight gain. As long as the pounds you accumulate are coming from the muscles alone you will not only retain your current speed but excel to a much higher level of performance. You will be much faster. So it is a winner anyway.