I'm 65 years of age and nect month I have the assessment to prolong my driver's licence. I have been a diabetic for the last decade and on insulin for the last 2 years. What can I expect form it? I have overall good sugar control and my eyesight is good with eyeglasses. Any personal stories? I really would like to drive for a couple of years more, I have been doing it since I was 15......

Apprentice

Dear Guest. First, let me congratulate you on taking care of your diabetes. As for the assessment, your doctor will check that you have proper visual acuity - if your vision is OK with eyeglasses, you should be fine, but again, I cannot tell from a forum. Additionally, your responsiveness, nerves will be tested and in the end you will be asked regarding your episodes of hypoglycemia - have you hand any. Best, Tom