I have become allergic to my insulin several times since becoming diabetic (20 years ago). I currently have the problem of extreme swelling that worsens every time my doctor adjusts my insulin. I will gain 10 pounds overnight (literally) from a 5 unit adjustment. Unfortunately, as my body does not like the insulin, my sugars do not want to come down so they just keep giving me more and more insulin. It is a vicious cycle and has caused me to put on 30 pounds in 6 months. A1c is climbing regardless of how much insulin they give me. I know I need insulin to live but I don't feel like this is actually living anymore. I can't bend my fingers and trying to get blood out of my swollen fingers is near impossible. Any ideas?

Hi there, do you think that you could adopt a diet that encourages less blood sugar so that you can eat them without needing insulin? Or at least needing less insulin? Have you talked to a doctor about it?

I did find a diet that worked wonderfully, the Fit for Life by the Diamonds but it was so expensive that I had to stop. I will keep looking. My doctor does not have much info on diet and diabetic dieticians have given me the same diet since being diagnosed. Thanks for the input.