I am 33 years old and I have been suffering from diabetes for 10 years. Even though it is a severe condition, I have been controlling it effectively with insulin. Anyway, I have a question that might be or not related to diabetes. Should diabetic be getting tattoos? I am just not so sure about that

Well, that is an interesting question. I have tattoos, but I do not have diabetes. Honestly, I do not think that having diabetes has anything to do with getting tattoos. There could be problems if the needle has been used several times, but that is something that I haven't heard of in a long time, more than decade.

I have diabetes.
You can have tattoos.
But you need to talk to your gp be4 having any.
We are more prown to infection.
x

Hello there dominik,

First of all it is great that you are keeping the level of insulin under the control and that you are responsible when it comes to that. Second of all I don’t see any reason why you wouldn’t have a tattoo but I would recommend seeing a doctor because of this. You are more prone to the infection so it is very important to decide where you want that tattoo and how big it is going to be and few other things.

Also you will need to inform the person who is going to do your tattoo about your condition and maybe you will need some additional measures. I hope that you will be satisfied with your tattoo and that everything will go smooth.