Hi all,

Basically, about a year ago I got what I thought was a rash on the back of my neck. To cut a long story short, I saw a doctor, who took a sample, and told me it was an infection of the hair follicles. He prescribed me a lotion (which had antibiotics in it) plus some oral antibiotics. I took the oral antibiotics for 2 weeks and the lotion for four months. But the infection did not clear up. I returned to my doctor who told me that the stuff he prescribed me should have worked, and basically there was not much else he could do. I looked up the condition on the internet and found that such infections are common, but last on average just a few weeks. Ive had the infection for almost a year now, and am well aware of complications which can arise. I am seeing another doctor about this in a week or two, but I was wondering whether anyone knew of any treatment I could have or anything I could do to get rid of the infection? Ive tried many things, but nothing works. Im desperate. If anyone has any experience of this that they could share or if anyone has any solutions, Id be very grateful.

:-( i was 9 months pregnat when the doctor told me that i had not had a gbs test, (this is a test where your cervix is swabbed to tell whether it has a infection in it called b-strep, it is not sexually transmitted and 1 out of every 10 women get it, it can cause spinal bacterial meningitis and sepsis in a newborn if not properly treated) so they did the culture and sent it off into the lab, they said they were gonna induce my labor in 3 days if i went that long, well the next night i went into labor and they had not had my test results back for the gbs test, in four hours and after they brke my water my nurse came back and put me on ampicillin, used to treat it, but my son had not received the antibiotic while he was in my womg, herefore causing the spinal meningitis. i caught the infection in time and brought him to the hospital where he has been for 13 days, they gave him a clean bill of health and they are sending home tommorow, thanks to childrens hospital ing birmingham my son can live

Hello, I Have been fighting something on my hair and neck for 5 years and noone seems to have the answer. I have been everywhere, used 30 ml bottles of shampoo 280.00 a bottle multitudes of pills lotion salves ect.. Told I had folliculitis ,cellulitis everything I wish we both could find some help?????/ :cry:

I am struggling myself but found my problem was yeast (fungal) was your antibotic for fungal?
my problem is still going because of hormones and overgrowth of hair getting ready to use an oral fungal antibodic.  ps treated my baby boys for diaper rash when it was fungal also... not sure why I waited so long on my self, fungal is hard to diagnose because ot looks so different in different areas. hope it helps.