My 17 year old son has been to the doctor twice in the last month. He was diagnosed with a hair follicle infection and put on antibiotics which almost took it all away. Washing his hair every day and treating the one's that popped with peroxide seemed to be helping well I skipped 2 days of checking because he told me the itching was gone I said lets take a look anyway and his head was breaking out again. We continued to wash it every day and I kept up with the peroxide it seemed to be working down to 2 to 3 small new ones once a day, scabs were healing too. He woke up last Wednesday and there were tons of them and all I had to do is part his hair to see them and they would burst open. Then he said it really itched when they broke so I took him back to the doctor and he said he wanted to test him for MRSA and he gave him bactrim DS just in case he has it.. I didn't get the results yet but he has not been in any kind of setting to pick that up. He is on his 3rd day of this new antibiotic and they are still popping up. Now I am very worried. It seems to start as a crust on his scalp we used to call them sand castles LOL Then that falls off and there is a little bump that fills with pus. After it breaks open you can see they are deep. My next step is to go to a dermatologist. He is not a diabetic. I did notice there are a few on his shoulder and a few on his back. I would think if he has been on this new antibiotic he wouldnt be breaking out anymore...any feedback will be appreciated. I have tried antibacterial soap,peroxide, head and shoulders, selsun blue,baby shampoo.

Have you ever tried him on the Tea Tree Oil Remedy?  It's natural and you add a few drops to the shampoo/conditioner.  Buy some from your vitamin store and ask for a free brochure, it works!  And, best of all, it's natural!  Just ask, it's better than another round of antibiotics.

Hope this might help

The doctor who is treating him told me to leave his head alone even if these things pop all over he wants me to leave it alone so Monday I will call a Derm. and get him in. This is really stressing me out. He has more on his head now than he did when I took him in. I will however check into the Tree oil asap ty for helping

I'm sure it's stressing him out too from his age, looks are EVERYTHING. And not a problem at all, I like natural solutions if at all possible!