Last week I went to see my GI after trying several different remedies to control my IBS. I am having a really hard time. I am scheduled to have an upper and lower endoscopy to rule out Crohn's disease, the second time I am being tested for CD. The last colonoscopy I had showed inflammation and some ulcers, but the biopsy came back normal. I don't believe this is anything more than IBS but what scares me the most is what the doctor said last time. Is inflammatory bowel disease only diagnosed my positive biopsy results, my symptoms are gas, bloating, pain under my left ribcage, very loose stools and rectal pain?

They’re telling you they saw some inflammation and some ulcers and they actually told they still think IBS? Run to a new GI please, there is never inflammation, let alone ulcers when only IBS is involved. According to your symptoms I would say that you suffer from inflammatory bowel disease. I was diagnosed right off the bat and was shocked when I started coming to support boards 5 yrs later to discover that so many peeps walk around un-properly diagnosed. It makes me wonder if for the Americans that are going through this are intentionally being put through the ringer so the docs can keep making lots of money of you for tests and such.