I was recently diagnosed with type II Diabetes. Would like to contact to people that suffer the same disease. I’m 45 years old, male. Am non-smoker, non-alcoholic. I’ve already experienced vision disturbances due to damage of blood vessels. Now have to take short action insulin 3 times a day. Please post.

I was diagnosed diabetes a year ago. I was so worried about it that lost on weight 20 pounds. I listened and did all that my physician suggested. Emotionally, I was terrible, but at the other side that helped me because I kept glucose level under control and never stopped doing that. It’s the most important type of prevention of damaging of blood vessels. I am in contact with diabetic association and it encourages me in hard moments. Hope this helped.

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 years ago, but because i haven't seen an endocrinologist in a year (He moved) and I haven't taken care of myself, my sugars are out of control. My regular dr. gave me a prescription to glipizide er, but my sugars are still from 200 to 350. I don't feel good and am tired all the time. I've asked my regular dr for a referral several weeks ago, but since it is the holiday season, the new endocrinologist hasn't yet contacted me. Any suggestions or ideas?