Hi - I can't find reference to this anywhere I have looked so I am hoping someone has heard of it. I have recently experienced an odd intermittent sensation in the opening of my vagina, or thereabouts. It happened a couple of years ago for a week or so but went away. Now it is back and am wondering about it. It almost feels like it does if you hum for a second. Just a sensation that comes and goes. Any opinions? Thanks, Lisa

I have had the same experience and cannot get a diagnosis. Have been tested and prodded with every urological, gynecological test known to man and no help.

I just recently started experiencing the same thing and can't quite explain what it feels like. Would really like to know what this is...

I have been experiencing similar sensations.

I have been"surfing" the net and cannot seem to find any "medical" reason for this sensation.

This seems to be quite common though. In both females and males.

It's driving me nuts. Will try soaking in a bath of sea salts

I'm experiencing the same thing -- i find it really really really annoying. I just wish it would go away. I was scared it meant i'm pregnant but now I see that I'm not the only one experiencing this odd tingling sensation -- which makes me feel a bit better...but also makes me wonder what the heck is causing it !!!

what the heck is this? It has never happened to me before, but for the past few days, since i've had college exams, I haven't been getting adequate sleep. Could abnormal sleeping patterns or lack of sleep (pulling all-nighters) be the cause? It's so annoying, I can't even sleep now that I have time because of this sensation. As soon as i think i have to pee, i get this constant, almost piercing, sensation that hasn't gone away for the last two days. My peeing is short, but this sensation is making me think i need to pee every 15 mins or so. I'm really scared, you guys. What could it? pinched nerves? NOTHING online talks about it...let me know you find anything as I am very concerned.

Hi guys,

It's 1/3/08 and just read your comments. I was wondering if any of you folks got any answers?

This is the first time I felt this. I can't explain the feeling. I don't know what to say but I'm just glad I'm not the only one.

I googled "vaginal tingling sensation" and NOTHING. No answers. Just a lot of questions.

Please reply if you got answers.

Hi! I have had the same tingling sensation on and off for years. I was always embaressed to ask anyone about it but it got so bad the past year and I have been getting it daily. It is worse at night and when i am tired. I can feel it go down into my legs when it gets really bad. I finally brought it up to my therapist and she thought it may be Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS). My mom has RLS and she only feels it in her legs - no vaginal sensations. But people do feel and explain these sensations differently. I have been taking requip which my therapist prescribed which seems to work somewhat, but I keep needing my dose raised and end up taking more than one a night sometimes. I am starting to think that maybe it isn't RLS afterall. Has anyone else looked into this?

Hi Girls,

I have exactly the some problem as all of you. I have no pain or burning just a external tingling sensation. I have had two SPL laser hair removal treatments to remove the pubic hair in that region and was thinking that it may be nerve damage from the laser treatment. Has anyone else that has this problem had any laser hair removal treatment?? Can't find anything on the net to confirm this theory.

I believe I'm experiencing the same thing. It wakes me up at night and I can't get back to sleep. I started doing a search and came across your posts. I was glad to see that others are experiencing the same thing. I just found this on Web Md, but I don't know if it is the same thing or not.

I'm so glad I found this board - I've been going nuts trying to google this and have found nothing! I'm wondering if it has something to do with hormone changes. I used to feel it about 2 days before I would start my period every month, and now I am 6 weeks pregnant and feel it on and off almost every day. Considering what the hormones in my body are doing, I'm thinking this has to have something to do with it?....

Finally. a thread that sounds like me! The only difference is that I've been experiencing mild headaches as well! Anybody have this symptom as well? any answers yet?
I'm worried!

thanks..
- Shawna

I have it too... I have no idea what it is... I was hoping to find some answers... it's almost like a vibration or tingling feeling on the out part of my vagina... I have no answers... but I have the same intermitent feeling... it comes on and lasts a bit, then leave... it's almost like I can feel my hair growing... Please if anyone finds out what it is, please post it... it's just kind of annoying.

tator15... I hav the exact same sensation, which goes through my legs and to the soles of my feet which is very unpleasant at times. I have been i googled 'vaginal tingling sensation' and i got lots of forums but nobody seems to know what it is. Iv had it now on and off for 3 months since the removal of an implanon contraceptive implant. Im gettin quite concerned about it :S