Hi, I am very concerned. For couple of days I have been feeling very strange. I am not that old and that is why my state frightens me a bit. I have this tingling reaction on my face whenever I tap it. Also, I have a pain in my neck. I can not remember having any serious health problems in my past. Since I have no idea what is wrong with me, I was wondering if you can help me with some kind of explanation for this face tingling symptoms.

Hi, there is a group of conditions that affect the face area and these conditions are called temporomandibular disorders or shorter TMD. This is the condition that could be presented through the pain in the neck that you are feeling and the facial tingling, but in people with TMD facial pain is a more common symptom. Therefore, I would say that the tingling symptoms that you have been feeling are related to some kind of neurological problem. Our face is a very complex field in which a great number of nerves interlace. However, most of these nerves start out at one point, the trigeminal nerve which starting point is at the base of the scull, where the neck begins. So I would say that the neck pain and the tingling sensation come from the same source. Why you are having problems with your trigeminal nerve, I cannot say. There are many things that can cause this kind of problem. Inflammation or an infection of the nerve could be some of the causes. I would recommend you to see your doctor as soon as possible. He will asses your symptoms and refer you to a neurologist or other specialist who will determine the right cause of your tingling symptoms.

this could be from a calcium deficiency but sounds like a sign of a condition called Tic delaroux. This is a condition that affects the trigeminal nerve and can cause severe pain. You need to be seen by a neurologist.