Hello ! In the last couple of days there has been a lot of redness and swelling around my daughter’s eyelid. At first I thought it’s nothing serious, that her hands were dirty when she was touching her eyes, but now since the redness and swelling are not gone, I begin to wonder what it could be!!!

Hi there! These are common symptoms of infection or irritation. Some other symptoms may occur as well, like itching, or excess tearing or draining. Just take her to the doctor, so that he can prescribe something so that the infection can go away earlier.

When i was little i had lots of eyelid problems. This sorta sounds like a "sty" it has nothing to do with being dirty, it is simply an ingrown eye lash. Things to help with the "sty" or any irritation in the eye is wash it with Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo, it will surely help. and if a little white bump starts to form then this could be a "sty". Keep washing with the shampoo and another one my mom used to use on me ( from a doctor actually) was rub the purest for of gold ring you have over the "sty" the gold helps to absord the toxins. i hope this helps, but yes take her to the doctor... eye issues are serious and could lead to other issues