Hello, folks. I am planning to begin with yoga classes. I will start in two weeks and I would like to know something. Can you tell me if it is normal that some yoga stretches are uncomfortable for beginners? I would appreciate all your advices considering this matter. Thanks in advance.

Hello. I would suggest to all beginners to work with their teachers and instructors. They will tell you what is good for you as a beginner. There are yoga stretches that can really be uncomfortable for beginners. You will learn to distinguish sensations that you will benefit from and those that warn you about possible injury. In general, sharp pains in muscles, joints and tendons should send you a signal to stop with a certain movement. Yoga exercise needs a good preparation and warming up. I also suggest to all people to check with their doctors before they start with practicing yoga. Your health condition matters. I hope everything will be all right and you will enjoy yoga. Good luck!

Yes, it's very normal. The technique is not to go beyond what you can do for the moment. It also goes with the poses that you may not be able to execute well. Be patient. With regular practice, you'll be flexible enough to perform them. Patience is one of the things you'll learn with yoga;) good luck!